Friday, November 14, 2008

A Decade

10 years ago today, Husband and I got married. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

I had intended to post some pictures, but as photos were derived from "film" and the sole delivery method that long ago was to be "printed" on "paper," I would've had to scan them. And my photo albums are boxed up and buried deep in C's closet at the moment.

Clearly I ooze sentimentality.

And I'm not afraid to monopolize a good portion of my son's closet.

So imagine a nice wedding photo here.

Husband and I have been a lot of places and done a lot of things in the last 10 years. Lots of miles traveled, quite a few moves, three different states (one of them twice), tons of new friends, countless computers, and one blue bomber of a car.

Oh, and then there's little C. It took us a while to get him here, but he was definitely worth the wait.

And since he's already gotten me my anniversary gift, I'll bet you're dying to know what I got him that was equally as awesome, aren't you?

It was difficult, to be honest. Because what can you give a man that is the equivalent to a diamond ring to a woman?

It's a piece of history. It's renown that can be equaled in no other way. It's something that will be stepped on by millions and possibly even looked at a few times.

It is his very own engraved sidewalk paver in the brand new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. And a replica to proudly display in our home.

So you know, the equivalent to having your name engraved in the Great Pyramid.

The replica paver isn't here yet - I'll post a pic when it finally finds its place of honor in the Dallas Cowboys Office Of Power. Husband is a teensy bit excited.

Husband is definitely a better man than I deserve. I love him more than I can say.

I'm hoping and praying the next 10 years are as good as the first. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Happy Annivarsary! My how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we helped with that!! did you tell him??? did you tell him that Matt and Courtney had a part in the brick? It's OK if you didn't...I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I told him that Matt and Courtney saved my rear and helped me come up with the inscription. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

    Well, maybe I could've. But it probably would've sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 10th, friend! ya'll are two very special people and well deserving of each other! love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete