Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Random Catch-Up

1. I still plan on posting an “Easter, Part 2”. The operative word there is “plan.” But it may end up being like the movie “History of the World Part 1.” Just keepin’ it real.

2. We are doing well. Honor is a content baby and a very good sleeper. She’s making up for Caedmon’s lack of sleep, I think. But I also know that can all change in a moment so I’m relishing it while we have it. It really has been a good transition to a family of four, though I’d be lying if I said there weren’t a few obstacles to overcome and a few lessons learned along the way.

3. I was quite proud of myself today for getting me, Caedmon and Honor all dressed, fed, and out the door on time for Honor’s 2 week check-up (with pouring rain, no less). Until I looked down and realized I was still wearing my purple Old Navy flip flops I had intended to change out of about 87 times. They actually wouldn’t have looked bad with the outfit, but since it was raining and 50 degrees, that would never do. We weren’t out of our neighborhood yet, so I just turned around and ran in to change shoes.

Trying to explain that to Caedmon took longer than it did to switch the footwear.

4. Dr. B gave Honor high marks and was very pleased with her weight gain. No need for any more weight checks. Yay! He also was very encouraging to Caedmon, which reminded me why I like him so much.

5. We did some newborn portraits with one of our photographer friends, Blaire, on Monday, and I absolutely cannot wait to show you the pictures. There are a couple of sneak peeks on her Facebook page (I hope you can see them!).

6. I feel like a hermit. I have the itch to go places but neither the desire nor ability to drag both children many places right now. I went to Walmart and Target by myself yesterday to get diapers and groceries (thanks to my awesome Husband) and it was bliss, even though Walmart was a complete madhouse. It’s sad, I know.

I don’t know if the 15 inches of rain we’ve had over the last week help or hurt that situation. Caedmon has been cooped up in the house, which makes me want to leave this place more and more each day, but I have no desire to go anywhere in the torrential downpours we’ve been having. Today, however, we hit up the McDonald’s (don’t judge) with an indoor play place after Honor’s appointment, and you’d have thought my child was in heaven. He played the entire time and ate his food in the car on the way home. (I was picking my battles and today that wasn’t one of them.)

And tomorrow is KDO. Blessed KDO. I will miss it this summer.

7. You might be interested to know that I finally got in touch with an insurance adjustor about Husband’s car. Apparently of the approximately 17 adjustors that work out of our office, only one of them is handling vehicle hail damage. Which seems a little disproportionate to me, considering all the storms we’ve had. Anyway, I called today and finally got someone on the phone and got an appointment scheduled to take it in for review & estimate. Hopefully the windshield won’t fall in Husband’s lap before then.

8. I really have missed blogging every day, believe it or not. Sometimes it seems like a hassle to make sure I have something to post, but when I lay it aside for a short period of time (intentionally or not), I always miss it. I have a feeling I will be a blogger long after it’s cool. I have a tendency to hang on to everything else too long (poufy bangs, denim jackets, tapered-ankle jeans), so why not this too? I hope to be back on my regular blogging schedule soon. Until then, please be patient! And enjoy the zillions of pictures I’m likely to post over the next few weeks.

9. Once again, I am having to severely limit my dairy intake because it makes a little person I love gassy. I did it for a year with Caedmon, and I can do it again. I’m not whining because it’s totally worth it. However, this girl who became dependent on string cheese and yogurt during pregnancy is having a hard time going cold turkey. I have done the whole soy cheese thing before and really don’t want to mess with it again (not a big fan of soy). I put rice milk in my cereal. But I’d love to hear from others on how you utilize dairy alternatives and some tricks you use when you need to substitute.

And that’s all for today.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel about feeling like a hermit. This time around has been very different than with DD #1. I'm not sure if it's the breastfeeding or what, but it is very hard to go anywhere. However, I always feel so much better when I get out for a little while. I'm very impressed that you got all 3 of you ready and to your appt. I haven't had to do that yet as I just have to get DD ready for school. I guess that test will be on Sunday. Glad to read all is going well. :) Lana

    ReplyDelete