Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, Part 1

We tend to spread our Easter festivities out a bit. Because Easter Sunday is…a Sunday. And with family festivities piled in, we have to do some things a little early.

Friday, we dyed eggs. Actually, Husband headed up that endeavor, and did a mighty fine job at it. He and Caedmon had a blast. And I enjoyed watching and taking pictures in between taking care of Honor.

_DSC0540

_DSC0546

_DSC0547

_DSC0555

_DSC0552

They made an egg for Honor, too.

_DSC0548

Saturday, we did Easter goodies.

During a quick run into Walmart the other day, Caedmon helped me pick out an Easter outfit for Honor. The bucket I’d made weeks ago and hidden in a top secret location. I wasn’t sure she’d be here for Easter, but if she was, I wanted her bucket ready!

_DSC0572

We don’t go crazy on the “basket” contents. I maybe spent $10. But a kid’s gotta have some Peeps and a chocolate bunny at Easter. And since we’ve recently watched shows on how both items are made, I knew Caedmon would be all over them.

_DSC0574

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see both their buckets side by side on the kitchen table! (And Honor didn’t get a chocolate bunny this year because I’d have to eat it for her…a sacrifice I’d totally be willing to make, but probably don’t need to.)

_DSC0577

As predicted, Caedmon was all about the chocolate bunny. (And I promise, he does wear clothes. Sometimes.)

_DSC0580

_DSC0590

I always get Husband his favorite Easter candy…Peeps and Cadbury Eggs. Yum!

_DSC0594

And I just go ahead and buy myself my favorite Easter candy, too.

_DSC0596

Since I was being all neurotic about my to-do list before Honor came, I was prepared for Easter very early. And I’m glad. All I had to do was pull the stuff out of that top secret location and get it ready. But you have no idea how many times I’ve had to resist diving into those Robin Eggs. And I’ll probably end up eating them all by myself.

But it’s Easter candy…it rises off your hips on the third day, right?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. How fun :-) I love the Easter buckets! The last sentance about the choclate and the hips - made me laugh out loud. I'm going to have to steal that one :-)

    ReplyDelete