Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Monkey's Got Talent

While Husband was gone and C was sick, apparently I was in a state of delirium/heightened awareness. Because the brain? It would not shut off.

And I’m not talking quantum physics equations, here. No, what I was busy processing were a conglomeration of completely useless, random, unrelated thoughts. Combined with Curious George playing 24-7, it made for some crazy wonderings.

Let me share some of them with you.

Because I’m generous like that.

While I love Curious George for C to watch, there are a few things I became a little concerned about.

How is this monkey left unsupervised so much? Why is no one alarmed to see a monkey wandering around alone in the city? What does The Man With The Yellow Hat actually do? Is it not considered strange for a monkey to stroll into a grocery store with a $10 bill in search of blueberries for his pancakes? How is it that George is so smart and refined, yet he doesn’t use sign language?

Even the monkeys in Madagascar who like to fling poo can use sign language.

I’m just sayin’.

But we took it a step farther this past weekend. We bought him a little stuffed Curious George. Can I tell you how much he loves this thing? He's even slept with it the past few nights. It's pretty dang cute.

I can’t really knock George, though. Because the boy? He loves him some curious little monkey. Especially when he’s searching for a certain bunny named Herbert Nininger. I’m not really sure what it is about that episode, but he laughs the entire time. Even with a temperature of 102. That takes talent, people.

And that kind of talent, I do not have.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment