Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This is me. On video.

I’m not really a huge fan of myself on video. But several of my blog/Twitter friends are vlogging an “accent vlog” so we can see/hear how we say things since we’re from different parts of the country. I thought it might be fun to join in.

I’m such a conformist. Or not.

Anyway, here’s the video, and below is the list of words and questions we were to each say/answer. Don’t make too much fun of me, ok?

Word list: aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught.

Questions:

1. What do you call it when you throw toilet paper on someone’s house?

2. What is the bug called that rolls up into a ball when you touch it?

3. What do you call carbonated beverages?

4. What do you call gym shoes?

5. What do you say when addressing a crowd?

6. What do you call the insect with eight long legs?

7. What do you call your grandparents?

8. What do you call the thing you put groceries in at the store?

9. What do you call it when the sun is shining and it rains?

10. What do you call the thing you use to change channels on the TV?

If you want to join in, please do! Head on over to Jenna’s to link up!

I’d also love to hear your comments…but be nice!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Fun! You sound like a good NWA girl, even if you've transplanted. :-) I am interested to know what the question asker is getting at with the "raining with sun" question. I haven't seen anyone yet who knows what that's called!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We call the "raning with sunshine" the devil beating his wife-haha! Not too sure where that came from, but I say it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound like I remember you sounding. The videos with the kids you have your Mommy voice. We did ours and have it on Facebook I'll get it on the blog soon. This was fun. And Aaron knows what the sunshine rain is. I've never heard that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! And loved hearing your voice again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your accent vlog! i did one too. So fun and funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what I really need to know now is what top secret building do you have access to that we might steal your voice for? I haven't seen the movie yet... just guessing. :O)
    Miss y'all
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. Of course, since my hubby works for Pepsi, the way so many people call soda "Coke" is just frustrating, but you know :). I love the sun with rain question--I've always called that a sun shower, and get funny looks. Maybe it's a south Arkansas thing, from my family being raised there.

    ReplyDelete