Monday, December 14, 2009

Thoughts Of Randomness

Because I cannot yet begin to talk about the whole flea situation from the weekend, I’m going to distract myself by discussing some other stuff.

Some completely random stuff. (In list form, of course!)

1. I have watched White Christmas no less than 87 times in the past week. Ok, so maybe it wasn’t 87 times, but I believe that by now I may have literally burned a hole in my DVR’s hard drive.

2. Because I have watched White Christmas so many times, I have two, count ‘em, two songs stuck in my head: Sisters, and Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep. Both pretty cool songs, but alternating between the two is kind of weird.

3. I recorded Holiday Inn last night, and plan to do the same with it this week.

4. I recently learned that the cookies I sent to NLB while he was in Air Force training were not only enjoyed, but also used as currency. Only in military training and prison can something so mundane be so valuable.

It’s a shame that military training and prison aren’t all that different, but prisoners get to be lazy and watch cable TV.

5. I have finally decided what to put on Caedmon’s wall over his bed. It only took a sweet forever for me to figure out what to do. But now that I have, I think I am going to love it. At least that’s what I’m telling myself right now, because it’s going to be a lot of work. And I’m going to really try to take an actual “before” picture this time. I know. All the progress might just cause me to faint.

6. Speaking of the boy, he has been loving him some Grinch. We have an old VHS tape of the original How The Grinch Stole Christmas cartoon, and I think he might finish wearing it out. We have only one VCR now, on a tiny TV perched over the treadmill. So Caedmon has to sit in my desk chair and tilt his head at a funny angle to see it. But he doesn’t seem to mind.

And neither do I. I love the Grinch. (We have a first edition of the book.) And Husband is just happy to take a break from Toy Story.

7. I might, just maybe, have a new almost favorite TV show. I know. It still ranks below The Office, The Big Bang Theory, and LOST, but not much else can top it. Maybe V. Maybe not. It’s The Middle on ABC on Wednesday nights. (Do I sound like a paid advertisement yet? I’m not, but I wouldn’t say no to a little cash, ABC. It is Christmas time, you know.) All I can say is that it’s stinking funny. You should watch it.

8. Caedmon loves to sing at bedtime. But he’s choosy about his songs. Start singing one he doesn’t approve of, and he starts saying, “No, no, no!” His favorite of late is the Razorback Fight Song. Apparently, we have team spirit, yes we do.

9. I just found out that Windows 7 has virtual post-its you can put on your screen. Do you have any idea how happy that makes me?

10. Caedmon received a little pre-Christmas gift from Nana in the mail on Saturday. He. loves. it. DSC07277 DSC07275DSC07258We spent the better part of the day Saturday drinking “hot tea” and eating imaginary food from this awesome set. Husband tried to convince Caedmon that his stuffed animals made better tea party attendees than we did, but the boy wouldn’t fall for it. I drank so much imaginary tea I had an imaginary caffeine headache that wasn’t so imaginary.

And since that’s 10 things, I’ll end here. Maybe by tomorrow I can stand to tell the flea story. Maybe. I shudder just thinking about it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment