Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Sippy Cup Salvation

Being a newer Mom, I am still amazed at how many things I have to label with my kid's name. It's crazy. No wonder my Mom never wrote my name in my underwear. It was too much work.

Everyone warned me that would be a "yuck" thing about sending C to childcare. Constantly having to re-label the bottles, sippy cups, etc. Forgetting to take the tape off and washing it all in the dishwasher, peeling sticky stuff off of cups. His hands sticking to the cup because of the tape residue.

Sounds like a great way to keep him from tossing the thing, if you ask me.

But I found something that helps. They're called BumpyName Orbit Labels, and you can get them at InchBug.

These things are great. You can slip them onto the cup, slip them off, throw them in the dishwasher, whatever. Plus, they actually do help the little guy grip those cups with no handles.

And I don't have to worry about hunting down a Sharpie and writing his name on masking tape, only to tear off the last few letters by accident and have to start all over.

Because maybe I'm not so hot at the masking tape tear-off.

But that's ok. Because with four of these things, we have plenty of name labels to go around. I find that I really only use two right now anyway.

At first I thought the price was a little steep, but they are customized and hey, C might grow, but his name's not changing. At least not while he lives under my roof. So we'll be using these for at least another 17 years.

That's right. C will still be using these when he's in High School. With the BumpyName Labels, maybe I'll have enough time to write his name in his underwear.

Also on the InchBug website, I found this little gadget. We use it when we go to restaurants or we're out in the stroller. If he drops his cup, it doesn't go flying or hit the floor. And that's a very good thing for us.

Head on over to Rocks In My Dryer for more Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to have to go check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cool! My kids are just past the sippy cup/bottle stage but, boy, would those have come in handy! My sister is about to have a baby and I will have to get a few for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday! These InchBug things are super cute, I'll have to keep that in mind as a gift for my niece someday. She's still a little small, but the sippy cup days aren't too far away!

    ReplyDelete