Thursday, November 06, 2008

Is It Naptime Yet?

C has been taking great naps lately. After we got the steroids out of his system, he's settled down nicely and is taking a nice, long morning nap and a pretty decent afternoon nap too.

And I realize I'm lucky. A lot of kids have already begun to transition to one nap by this age. But as C was a bit slow to get the whole nap thing figured out, I'm hoping he takes a while to drop his second nap.

Because I really enjoy those naptimes. Not that I don't love spending the day with C. He's awesome and I love hanging with him all day. I wouldn't have it any other way.

But the boy is busy. Especially now that he's learning to walk. My gracious, he is active. And into everything.

On the upside of busyness, the boy is entertained by just about anything. A potholder, an empty yogurt cup, a cole slaw container from a Rudy's Group Meal (yes, I still have Rudy's stuff around the house), or his current favorite, a remote control, can keep him happy for a while.

And he loves playing outside on his new Christmas present, which is great for wearing him out in preparation for the afternoon nap.

So when I get a chance to take a breather, I do my best to take it. And that's why I love naptime.
That, and Magnum, P.I. is usually on during the afternoon one. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment