Thursday, July 24, 2008

This Belongs on a Magazine

I can't tell you how much I love to bake. Love. It.

I don't bake more because I don't want all sorts of baked goods sitting around the house. Because then I'd have to eat them. And gain about five hundred pounds.

Which would necessitate purchasing an entire new wardrobe. And while the shopping wouldn't be all bad, it certainly would be hard on my wallet.

So since I hadn't baked anything in a while, I decided to take advantage of some apples we had at home and bake a pie. But I didn't really use a recipe. I'd seen how some guy on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives made his, and sort of copied it. I was hoping it would turn out ok.

And I think it did.
Because pretty is important when it comes to pie.

It tasted good, but I'll be tweaking the recipe next time. I seem to always be tweaking my recipes, and it's kind of fun. Truth be told, I tried about a dozen different chocolate chip cookie variations out on the LAN Party guys before I settled on my final recipe. They were good sports.

If I need some pie testers, I'll let you know. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for pie testing!!! You have any good peach cobbler recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about the peach cobbler, but I could probably find something. Would you be interested in testing that too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, guess who is bringing the pie to our next family function?!!?

    ReplyDelete