Thursday, June 05, 2008

Still Working

I'm still working on photos. When you take over 600 pictures in one day, it's hard to pick out all the blurry ones, weed down to the 100 or so that are decent, then pull your favorites out to edit and get ready for viewing by other people.

In other words, it takes time. Something I don't seem to have much to spend on editing photos.

Chickster has been very busy this week. I figured he was on the cusp of learning a new skill. Which means a bumpy sleep schedule - sometimes better, sometimes worse.

I asked God for a child. I begged for a son. But why, oh why did I forget to ask that he be a late sleeper? I have a boy who loves to wake up gosh awful early in the morning, and has done so at least three days this week.

So what's he trying to add to his repoitoire?

Verbal skills. It's about time. Some of my friends' little girls might as well be saying full sentences compared to Chickster's vocal prowess. More proof that girls have twice as many words to say. But he learned to fake laugh this past weekend, and he loves to show off that trick.

In fact, he was so busy fake laughing last night, he didn't want to eat his dinner. We got sweet potatoes everywhere. It was not fun for me, but it was funny, none the less.

And he's been babbling a lot the last day or two. He's good at the "b" sounds, and has been for a while. I'm trying hard to get that first "Dada" out of him. No such luck. He just looks at me and smiles really big, then laughs. Sometimes the fake one. Sometimes the real one.

And crawling. I think he did his first actual, real, "crawl" at Mimi's yesterday. Putting him in shorts this week has helped him get better traction, and he's been working hard to figure out this whole forward-mobility thing.

He's gotten pretty good at the "commando crawl," which is basically pulling himself forward with his elbows while dragging the rest of his body behind. And he found out yesterday that works really well on the tile floor. He can't get enough of it.

Oh, and pulling up. I set Chickster over in his crib this morning while I was getting ready to vacuum. I got the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and turned back around to see him pulling himself to a standing position. He's pulled up with some help for a couple of weeks now, but never by himself. This was the first time. He was quite proud of himself. I am confident it would've garnered a little fake-sounding laugh if he hadn't been sucking away on the paci he'd found in the bed.

Note to self: Be sure to lower crib mattress today so he doesn't fall out on his head.

So that's about it - he's learning lots of new things this week. Albeit no nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, or computer hacking skills yet - still waiting on those. And I am trying my hardest to find time to get the photos finished in between all of his business, getting ready for a visit from Nana and Poppy, and showing the house.

So they're coming, I promise. One day. Soon. Maybe. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment