Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Free Samples


I have discovered a way to get free samples of things without having to sell my soul to the email spammers. I've gotten lots of great items without a single spam email added to my inbox. And, I only get the samples I choose - not whatever they want to send me.

I've found that sample sizes are perfect for travel, and for, well, sampling. Profound, I know. But it saves money because you don't have to buy the tiny tube of toothpaste for a trip; or buy a giant size and discover you hate it, only to be faced with the decision to keep using the nasty stuff or toss it and waste the $3. So it's been great to get to try out some new products, and I've actually discovered some new things that have become regular purchases.

So here are the sample size things I've gotten for free: deodorant, soap, toothpaste, hair products, cereal, snacks, diapers, over the counter medicines, 'girlie' products, lotion, and some more stuff I can't currently recall.

Where, oh where is this wonderful source of free stuff with no strings attached? Wal-Mart.com, of course! On the main page, go to the "In Stores Now" area on the far right, then on the dropdown menu, choose "Free Samples." There will be several products to choose from and all you have to do is choose the product, fill out the form, and wait for your stuff in the mail. There are options to receive newsletters or review the product, but you aren't required to do either in order to get the sample.

Husband has teased me about my samples, wondering why a blister pack of lotion made me so happy. He would chuckle at my excitement upon receiving a mini deodorant stick from the mailbox. However, his tune changed this past week. His electric razor died late on Saturday night. Minor emergency. Because Sunday was coming.... And guess who had a brand new, fancy men's razor in the cabinet? That's right.

Who's laughing now? I don't think he'll be teasing me about the free stuff any longer.

The sample selections change frequently, so be sure to check back every week or two for more.

Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works-For-Me Wednesday. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I totally just spent 30 minutes on Walmart.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I do that too!! I hate the sites though that you have to register for and then they still don't send you the samples. Walmart is one of the best ones, but I wish they would change the offers more frequently.

    ReplyDelete