Thursday, October 24, 2013

Disney 2013: Park Day 5 – Magic Kingdom (Again)

Go here to see more posts from our Disney trip.

For our last day in the parks, we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom. Yes, we completely skipped Epcot - for several reasons. We’d originally thought we would spend two days at Hollywood Studios. And if the kids had been more into shows, I think we would’ve. Hollywood Studios was even hosting a Villains dance party as part of Limited Time Magic, and I really wanted to go. But we knew that for us, Magic Kingdom would be a bigger win this time.

Since we’d already done a lot of things, we knew we could be more relaxed about our schedule and just do what we had either missed before or just wanted to do again. It was a good choice for us. We arrived early again, so we could see the Rope Drop Ceremony one more time.

_DSC0865

Once we got into the park, we headed straight for…

_DSC0886

Space Mountain! After Caedmon’s adventure on Expedition Everest, we asked if he wanted to try Space Mountain. He was ready. While he and Husband rode, Honor and I waited outside. It didn’t take her long to spot Stitch, and insisted we go see him.

_DSC0892 

Since it was early, there was no one else in line to see Stitch, so Honor got to play with him for several minutes. She had a ball!

Then, Husband and Honor rode the “rockets” while Caedmon and I hit Space Mountain. Again, I was instructed to not scream and to keep my hands down. I think I could’ve gotten away with doing what I wanted since we were in the dark, but I tried to be good.

wdw20132565675971_6845501922

We all rode the “rockets” together, then split up. The guys went to ride Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, where Husband began posing for the ride photos.

wdw20132565706749_6845534750

When you’ve ridden something six times, you have to do something to break up the monotony, right?

Honor and I made our way to have a Dole Whip and see Tinkerbell. This was by far the longest line we waited in all week. But it was hot and the queue was in the air conditioning. Plus, we couldn’t not see Tink!

wdw20132565701724_6845524449

After a few more rides, we had lunch at Pinocchio’s. When we finished, we found the Step Family making their way out for a meet & greet. I couldn’t resist!

_DSC0942

They were so much fun! I made sure they knew Caedmon was single, and the Step Mother said that since he didn’t bring her anything, she wouldn’t even consider him as a suitor for the girls.

_DSC0955

As we were walking away, Honor pitched a fit. I mean, a legit tantrum – a kicking, screaming, red-faced fit. Anastasia and Drusilla stopped what they were doing and clapped, shouting, “Bravo, Honor! That’s how it’s done!” It was hilarious.

We hung out a little more – shopped a bit, rode the carousel a few more times, and decided we were ready to head out. I mean, you can really never be “done” at Disney, but it was time for us to say our goodbyes to Magic Kingdom. On our way out, we caught the parade.

_DSC0022

Ironically, Honor was on Husband’s shoulders while Caedmon was watching from here.…

_DSC0025

We left Magic Kingdom and went back to our resort. We packed up what we could that evening and pulled out early the next morning. As we left the Disney property and I told the kids to wave goodbye to Disney World, I heard from the backseat, “But I don’t want to leave!” I didn’t either. But you have to go home from vacation sometime.

It was such a great week for us, and so, so much fun. All the obsessive planning and late-night reading really paid off. I don’t think there’s anything I would’ve done differently for our first trip. Sure, we left a lot of things “undone”, but that’s just another reason to look forward to going back. And I might already be planning a trip for 2016. Maybe.

If, after reading all of this (or not), you still have questions about anything we did, please feel free to comment or email me. I’m definitely not a Disney expert, but I can tell you what worked for us and more importantly, what didn’t.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! Looks like you really had a great plan and it worked out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete