1. Honor learned how to climb out of the pack n play last week. Do you know what this means? It means that as of right now, I have nowhere, absolutely nowhere, to confine this child except for her crib. And if she figures out how to climb out of there, I may just go stark raving mad.
2. The day Honor learned to climb out of the pack n play was the same day she hauled off and punched Caedmon in the jaw. With her fist. Yeah, punched him. Not hard, but still. It was a conscious decision. And he was irritating the fire out of her, so I can’t really blame her desire to stick up for herself. I’ve been telling Caedmon he’s about to find out what it’s like to have a sister who will fight back when she’s mad at him. She about made a believer out of him.
3. At what age is it acceptable to make your child clean up his own pee? You’d think he goes to the bathroom in the pitch dark or something. Except that most of the time it’s broad daylight. I can understand a few drips or drops, but when it’s cascading down the side of the toilet, I’d say it’s time to pay attention to what you’re doing. I’m weighing the pee-pee clean up against the pee-pee clean up and then having to make sure the kid is cleaned up. And I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Thoughts?
4. The other night, Oz tripped over a noisy toy at 2am and woke Husband and me up. The toy he tripped over is a “slingshot” monkey that makes, obviously, a monkey sound. It’s loud. And annoying. Especially at 2am. The next day? I couldn’t get it to make any noise. I tried. So that night, I paid Oz back by making him wait 30 minutes extra for his last potty run of the night. Mainly because I was lazy. And tired. (He was snoring, so it’s not like he was actually suffering.)
5. Yesterday during our regular grocery run, I forgot some stuff. Not random “eh, we can do without it” stuff, either. Major ingredients to a meal. Multiple meals. So we have to go back to the store today. I really don’t know how it happened other than the fact that I feel like I am losing my mind.
6. Also? It was a dreary day yesterday, and we were all tired (and borderline crazy), so we skipped school. Yeah. I said it. We skipped school. Don’t worry, we’ll make it up. And then promptly take off a week (or two) when we move in a few weeks. One of the perks of homeschooling.
7. Speaking of homeschooling, Caedmon has been doing well in school. He is reading a lot, even though sometimes he doesn’t want to do the work. He does well with the pre-k math work he’s doing, too. It really has been hard to get back in the groove after Christmas, so I’m hoping the move doesn’t completely throw us off again. But yesterday, he picked up a pen and, on his own, wrote Honor’s name. Granted, it’s one of the things I’ve been having him practice writing, but he did it with no prompting and no help. And he was super proud of himself. I was too!
8. Perhaps my angsty day yesterday was actually begun Sunday night with Downton Abbey. Seriously, people. Why?
9. It’s supposed to be 70 degrees today, followed by a possibility of tornados. In January. And tomorrow? Cold and a chance of snow flurries by Friday. This winter seems to be losing its mind just as much as I am. I’m sorry for winter’s sake, but I’m glad I’m not the only one.