Saturday, December 08, 2012

What We’ve Been Up To

So, here’s what we’ve been up to lately.

We decorated cone “trees” (and ate them) one night before watching Elf with Caedmon.

_DSC0236

The guys were pretty serious about theirs, and I helped Honor with hers.

_DSC0239

Finished product!

_DSC0249

_DSC0252

Here’s mine.

_DSC0258

And I wasn’t able to get a finished shot of Honor’s before…

_DSC0257

Let’s just suffice it to say they were enjoyed by all. And I think Honor bounced around in her bed for quite a while before she finally settled down and went to sleep.

I decided to try my hand at PW’s Cinnamon Bread, but I mixed regular and whole wheat flour.

_DSC0275

_DSC0279

I loved it. Honor did, too. In fact, she would run into the kitchen and yell, “Bread!” The boys tolerated it. Which is fine – more for us!

The kids play with snap cubes as part of Caedmon’s math lessons sometimes. Honor thinks she’s big stuff when she gets to do what Caedmon’s doing.

_DSC0285

And the other day, she figured out how to actually snap them together.

_DSC0290

Caedmon’s always make cool noises, somehow.

_DSC0288

We also decorated a gingerbread house. Caedmon was in charge of the tree and part of the house. Honor and I decorated the gingerbread man and part of the house.

_DSC0297

_DSC0309

Honor couldn’t hang very long and ended up, well, like this:

_DSC0301

It might have had something to do with the fact that she wasn’t allowed to eat the gingerbread man.

We live in a cruel, cruel world.

Caedmon likes to sit at the table and play with Legos. Honor doesn’t have Legos, but she can play with Caedmon’s “guys,” as she calls them.

_DSC0315

I love it when they play together. Or alongside each other, anyway. It’s not always easy for them to play together since Honor can’t play with the tiny things. So I like it when they can each play with their own, appropriate, toys and hang out together. They like it, too.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment