Friday, December 07, 2012

House Update #5: Bricks!

In case you missed it, here’s our last update, where we wrote scriptures on the walls.

The plumbing is roughed in and HVAC was almost complete with their rough-in the last time I was in the house. I decided to take pictures of where the pipes/vents are in the walls, just in case we need to know for the future.

plumbing

Now, if I can only remember which picture belongs to which finished wall!

At the beginning of this week, we were surprised to see that the brick masons had already been out to the house and had bricks ready to “stick” first thing on Monday! Caedmon was excited, too.

ready to stick

And stick they did. They had to take a break for some rain, but by the end of the week, the brick was all finished!

sticking brick

_DSC0319

The blank spots on the front and the gables on the sides will be siding. The door and garage door will be painted to match the siding, and we’ll have black shutters.

When I went to take these pictures, I didn’t go in – the yard was muddy from a combination of dirt work and rain, but I could see that electrical has been started as well.

I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment