Friday, August 10, 2012

The Pictures…They Exist!

I’m trying to pick the camera back up on a regular basis. And you know what that means. You get pictures of things you never thought you cared about. And then you see the pictures and you still don’t care about them, but you’re nice enough to tilt your head and say, “Aw, those are cute.”

So here goes.

Prepare your head tilt now.

I recently instituted a “snack spot” for the kids. A place they can sit without having to be at the table to eat a snack. It keeps me from having to lock Honor up in her high chair all the time, and teaches her a bit of self-control. So far it’s going well.

_DSC0003

Until she tries to steal Caedmon’s snacks. Definitely not using self-control.

_DSC0006

Oh, you know, just hanging out with Dad and our semi-automatic toy handguns, waiting for Caedmon to come around the corner and assault us with his semi-automatic toy handgun. It’s quality time.

_DSC0018

It’s been a while since we got the water table out, and the kids really enjoyed it the other day.

_DSC0023

Honor figured out how to pour water on her head.

_DSC0029

And then Caedmon figured out how to pour water on her head.

_DSC0057

She liked it.

_DSC0049

_DSC0042

And of course, he poured water on his own head.

_DSC0045

I love it when Caedmon and Honor just enjoy each other’s company, no matter what they happen to be doing at the time. It makes my Momma Heart happy.

I was in the kitchen yesterday, working on dinner. Honor was playing around/under the table in the breakfast area. I heard her squeal with delight and knew she’d done something. She had. She climbed up in the chair at the table all by herself. After she’s pulled her hair barrette out, of course.

_DSC0099

To say she was pleased with herself would be an understatement. To say that I suddenly realized how many things she can now get to without assistance would also be an understatement.

This is our last “summer” weekend. Monday, we start school. Caedmon is excited. I’m excited. And still a bit overwhelmed, and hoping that my “system” will work. If my organizational system works, I can handle anything. If I have to re-work my organizational system, I can still handle it, it’ll just take while to feel like it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment