1. It’s Friday. And we were busy this week. I know a lot of y’all have been on Spring Break this week, but not so for us. At least, not yet. Because our schools have “Winter Break” in February, they have Spring Break a bit later than we’re used to.
2. It’s actually felt more like early summer around here with temperatures in the mid-80’s. I’m not a hot-natured person by any means. In fact, I’m usually the one wearing long sleeves in July. However, this week, I have been hot. This does not bode well for the rest of the summer. At all.
3. Speaking of summer, I’m planning on spending quite a bit of time at the pool with the kids. I need to find a not-ugly, not-frumpy hat that actually keeps the sun off of my face. I like baseball caps just fine, but they really don’t keep the sun off of you very well at the pool. If y’all see any or have any ideas, let me know.
4. Did I mention that the house we’re renting has termites? Oh yeah. The house we’re renting? It has termites. And they like to invade the laundry room and master bathroom on a regular basis. In case you were wondering, that’s not cool.
The pest control guy was finally here to treat for them yesterday. The process entailed drilling approximately one zillion holes in the foundation of the house. Which made me feel like my teeth were chattering. It was almost like the feeling you get when you’re at a good concert and can feel the vibration of the music. Except that it was like he was drilling into my sanity with every rev of the drill. It’s a little much for 9am. And 10am. And 11am.
But hopefully the horrible bugs will die “in 8-10 days” and leave us alone. Unless they decide they’d like to come visit after the rain we got last night. Which is what the pest guy warned me about. Great. I really wouldn’t mind as much if these things were like elephants and had their own little graveyard instead of expiring all over the floor.
5. Caedmon has had an extra great week playing independently. He’s always been good at entertaining himself, but he’s really enjoyed playing with Legos or action figures in his roomtime and beyond this week. Which makes it even more special that we’re taking him to the Lego Land Discovery Center this weekend. I don’t know who’s more excited about it – Husband and me or Caedmon!
6. Honor’s hair…the continuing saga. This is how I resorted to fixing it on Tuesday.
She actually left it alone most of the day, and it stayed rather well. She got a little trim yesterday, so it’s not quite as crazy, but it’s still a lot of hair for a little girl.
7. I’ve made special “birthday shirts” for Caedmon each year, and wanted to do so for Honor, too. I thought this might be a good chance to try my hand at applique. It doesn’t have to be fabulous – she only has to wear the shirt once! But after having so much fun with this one, I think I will be doing some more…eventually.
8. I’m also in the process of making a pillowcase dress for Honor. I know. It’s madness. And it might turn into an obsession/sickness. But the girl only needs so many articles of clothing.
9. I know we’ve lived in the Eastern time zone since July and I should be used to it by now, but I’m still not. I struggled big time until the “fall back” time change. And now that DST has hit again, I have a really hard time going to bed before midnight. My body just doesn’t believe it’s time to go to bed. Which is not good. Because morning comes early when you stay up late. And it comes real early when Caedmon comes into my room at 4:30am and asks me if I’ll come turn his CD on in his room because he’s awake and wants to listen to it. Um, no.
10. The other day, I got in the car to go somewhere by myself. I was out of our neighborhood and sitting at a stoplight before I realized I was still listening to Veggie Tales. And singing along. I quickly switched to the radio and listened to a little Journey. And had myself a little Journey moment. It was good.