Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Deep Thoughts from Caedmon

Discussing getting dressed, Caedmon asked if he could wear sweat pants. I said, “I think you need to wear something a little nicer than sweat pants.”

He replied, “Ok, that’s fine. Do you want me to be ‘awesome’ or ‘cool’?”

“Whichever you choose is fine with me.”

“Ok, I am going to be awesome.”

****

Caedmon was pretending to nap on the couch while Honor and I were hanging out in the kitchen. His head popped up over the back of the couch and he said, “Momma, can you keep your baby quiet? I’m trying to take a nap.”

If only that were true, son.

****

I was still in my pajamas and robe one morning and we were all in Honor’s room. Granted, it was past my normal time to get dressed, but since we were having “pajama day” (which usually means I wear sweats), I wasn’t in a hurry to change.

Caedmon, however, must’ve had different ideas. He picked up Coconut, the Build-A-Bear he made for Honor. “Momma, Coconut’s outfit is better than yours today.”

Truth.

****

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment