Monday, October 03, 2011

Caedmon’s First Soccer Game

Caedmon’s first soccer game (and thus ours) was on Saturday.

Honor was all dolled up and ready to cheer for her big brother.

_DSC0013

Caedmon was all geared up and ready to play.

_DSC0019

(I mentioned on Twitter the other day that buying him a pair of Umbro shorts brought back flashbacks from the 1990’s. I had a pair just like those – larger, of course. They totally had the legit rip in the side, too. I still can’t believe I got rid of them.)

It was a beautiful day – sunny with temperatures in the 60’s. Husband and I went dressed in shorts (him), jeans (me) and t-shirts. We got there and found most other people were wearing long sleeves and jackets. Even some of the kids were wearing long sleeves under their uniforms. We were surprised – it felt nice to us!

Caedmon warmed up a little before practice started.

_DSC0026

“Soccer stance” with Coach D. (Caedmon’s on the left.)

_DSC0040

Honor was a great little cheerleader, even if the wind did mess her hair up.

_DSC0045

One of approximately 873 water breaks. (We’re representin’ with the Razorback water bottle.)

_DSC0047

I didn’t get a shot of one of Caedmon’s teammates, who spent the entire hour crying on the sidelines. Apparently he doesn’t handle the pressure of gameday very well.

I could show you many more pictures of what a four-year-old soccer game looks like, but the video is probably a better representation. Also, please excuse my loud yelling. I’m well on my way to becoming “That Mom.”

Here’s a happy, tired boy.

_DSC0049

When we asked if he was looking forward to next week’s game, Caedmon seemed surprised and had to think about it for a minute. He didn’t realize he gets to play again!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment