Friday, September 30, 2011

And So It Begins…

Well, it’s happened. I’ve officially become a “Soccer Mom.” We signed Caedmon up for soccer this week.

(I still have no plans to drive a mini-van.)

We went to the sporting goods store the other day to buy his equipment. It was interesting. Mainly because I know next to nothing about soccer. Football? Baseball? Volleyball? Yes. I get those. I know that equipment. Soccer? Nope. Nada. I’m sure the guys who helped us find Caedmon’s cleats were snickering as we wandered off in search of shin guards.

Also? A piece of equipment called a “shin guard” just sounds wrong.

We came home with the new stuff, and of course, Caedmon wanted to wear his gear. Clothes? Not so much.

_DSC0715

After dinner, Husband required Caedmon to wear clothing and they kicked the ball around for a while. (Of course, Caedmon went for the bare minimum and just donned a pair of shorts.)

_DSC0743

_DSC0750

Oz was super excited about the whole thing.

_DSC0754

Caedmon had his first practice yesterday.

_DSC0786

I have a large amount of respect for a man who volunteers to coach little kids and maintains his patience and sanity. It’s kind of like herding cats.

_DSC0794

Caedmon’s first game is tomorrow. You can bet we’ll all be there to cheer him on and the “Momarazzi” will be out in full force.  Be ready for more soccer pictures on Monday!

Now I’m off to put Google to good use. I might ought to learn the rules of this game. Maybe.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. The pic of him in his undies with the soccer equipment on just made my morning! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are so adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete