Monday, September 19, 2011

Picnic and Ducks

In case you weren’t aware, today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Yar. Just thought I’d pass along that important piece of information. In case, you know, someone throws out a “shiver me timbers” or “ahoy,” you’ll know what’s up.

Nana is visiting, and we went to the park the other day for a picnic lunch. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed it immensely.

_DSC0310

Honor kicked back while we ate.

_DSC0315

We were stalked by these two ducks. The hen was pretty fearless. We wanted to feed them, but not while we were trying to eat! They just had to wait their turn.

_DSC0313

Caedmon and Husband played a little baseball. Caedmon really has great eye-hand coordination and can hit the ball the majority of the time.

_DSC0321

Honor reaches for things a lot…and loves to stick that tongue out.

_DSC0339

Honor and Nana hung out together while we tried to feed ducks.

_DSC0347

We fed the white ducks some, but they wouldn’t get very close.

_DSC0338

So Caedmon and I went over by our other duck friends to give them a treat. They loved us. Or the snacks we had. It was hard to tell which. But really, who doesn’t like Cheese-Its?

_DSC0358

They liked it so much, we went back for more to feed them.

_DSC0381

And I grabbed the camera for some close-ups of our new friends.

_DSC0400

They were definitely not afraid.

_DSC0398

In fact, they ate right out of our hands…mostly mine. Caedmon didn’t like getting “bitten.”

_DSC0423

The Canadian Geese were too shy to come very close. Consequently, they got very few Cheese-Its.

_DSC0396

I was glad I could take Caedmon to get close to the ducks and feed them. I grew up around quite a few guys like these, and I know it’s not something many kids get to do. I know Caedmon won’t get to “herd”, feed, and care for them like I did, but getting to hang out with them at the park is pretty fun.

I am fairly certain we’ll be back to feed the ducks again soon. They may get some stale bread instead of Cheese-Its, though. I wonder if they’ll still be our friends?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment