Monday, March 28, 2011

Random Weekend

Our weekend was pretty random and thankfully, fairly uneventful. I know lots of people love exciting weekends, but I kinda don’t. I know, I’m boring.

Friday, we hung out at home for the most part. Caedmon and I went to the Chiropractor in the morning and I could walk again without wanting to rip my hips off my body. So I spent the day whittling away at the ever-growing to-do list.

One thing on my list was to prep for this week’s cooking. Early prep is not something I usually do, but I’ve decided to freeze some meals for after Sister comes and the prep will save me a lot of time this week as I work on that. I know our friends and family will be bringing us meals (which I’m really excited about), but that has to stop at some point and the real world comes back. I’m hoping that freezing some meals will help us ease back into it a bit. So I took some time to chop more onion than I’ve ever chopped in my life and cook and prep some chicken.

The guys went to the pet store and bought a nail file thing for Oz. His toenails grow at an alarming rate and unless they’re ground/filed, they’re super sharp. I decided that instead of paying $11 to have them done once a month, I’d just invest $20 in the equipment and learn to do it myself. Caedmon was beside himself with excitement when they came home. He was ready to do Oz’s nails. Sadly for him, that was to be a Saturday event. Because what else would we have to look forward to if we had all our fun on Friday?

I also took a nap. It was glorious. I don’t know why I have a hard time napping the rest of the week, but when Friday/Saturday/Sunday roll around, I’m all about naps if I can manage to get one.

Caedmon and I made an ice cream run after dinner. Actually, we had to go buy some Cream of Potato soup for Saturday night’s dinner since both Walmart and Target were out of it earlier this week, and we got ice cream while we were there. Plain chocolate for him, Rocky Road for Husband and me. See? We do exciting things on Friday nights.

But apparently even the ice cream didn’t get the boy full because from 2:20am until about 4:30am he was up every little while complaining that he was hungry. By 4:30 it was a full-on blubbering cry. There’s no way he’s going back to night-time feedings (ha!) with a baby on the way, so I pretty much told him to get a drink of water and go back to bed. (Yes, I am heartless.) The good news is that he did indeed survive until morning, which probably made his donut run with Daddy all the better.

Thankfully, my guys made sure I got to sleep late, and with the rain (and some hail), it was even better to lay in bed and drift in and out of sleep. I had some c.r.a.z.y. dreams going on during that time, though. It’s a good thing those kinds of things don’t come true.

Sara posted her breakfast casserole recipe that she made for my shower last Saturday. Those ingredients are going on my grocery list. Ya’ll, it was so good!

We spent the rest of the day trying to be lazy. I say “trying” because Caedmon was pretty much bouncing off the walls and all Husband and I wanted to do was…nothing. I did manage to balance the checkbook and pay some bills during Caedmon’s nap. Glamour at its finest.

We did manage to get the doggie nail file going at some point, but not before Caedmon asked about it approximately 7,832 times. The boy doesn’t give up.

I ended the night with some Rocky Road. The scale and I aren’t on speaking terms right now, so I might as well enjoy it.

Sunday after church and naps we went to Mom and Dad’s for family dinner. It was fun to hang out with everyone. But since I neglected to take my camera, there are no pictures. We missed NLB and ate Angel Food Cake, strawberries and Cool Whip in his honor. And even though it was freezing, Caedmon ended up outside with the guys for a while, playing with his Uncle HLB and getting to know Mom & Dad’s new dog.

It was a good weekend. And busy enough for me. Now on to more getting ready for Little Sister (I plan to have pictures of her room up by the end of the week!) and getting some cleaning done. Nesting is in full swing!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment