Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby #2: 30 Weeks

**Please pray for Sarah!** Sarah’s surgery is scheduled! Please lift her and her family up as she comes to your mind. Angela, Sarah’s sister-in-law, is blogging updates, and Sarah’s husband Pat is updating their blog as well.

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 30 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.)

Size of Baby: About 15 1/2 inches long and about 3 pounds, or the weight of a good-sized head of cabbage. Not sure I like my daughter being compared to a head of cabbage.

Big Brother Caedmon: Caedmon has been outside this week! I sent him out to play one day, realizing that we didn’t have to dress in 17 layers of clothing. It was marvelous. He was digging in the remaining snow wearing sweats. Odd, remembering how deep that snow was just a few days before and that he could barely even move outside.

_DSC0781

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still only claiming the +19 from my last doctor’s visit. The scale and I aren’t really on daily speaking terms, so I honestly don’t know what I’ve gained at this point. The day of reckoning comes next week at my appointment. We’ll wait until then.

I finally got to make that apple pie I’ve been talking about. Jill and Brandon helped us eat it. It was pretty good, though I think I’ll make a few changes next time. See? Baking something always leads to baking something else. It’s a vicious cycle. Sometimes I feel like Monica in the infamous Mockolate episode.

_DSC0822

Maternity Clothes: Most of the time, except at home. And? Because Baby Sister is literally hanging out in front of me, even though I’m not huge, nothing seems to fit right. Yesterday I wrestled with my shirt all day, yanking it down every 10 seconds. Not because it’s too short, but because the way my stomach is shaped right now, it continually rides up. The belly-hanging-out-look is not one I’m going for and I’m pretty sure would not be Clinton and Stacy approved.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Yes! Although she’s got to be getting cramped. Also, I’m not sure how she manages to get her feet all the way over in my side, but she does. She’s obviously talented.

Sleep: Some nights I sleep like a rock. Other nights I get up to go to the bathroom no less than 7 times. And still other nights I have such strange, vivid dreams that I wake up feeling like I didn’t sleep at all. One the other night involved a rattlesnake that looked like a black and white cat, fur included. Freud would have a field day with that one.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Hips hurting. Heartburn. Just more normal stuff like that, nothing big.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Best Moment This Past Week: Warmer weather and sunshine – sometimes at the same time! And getting the rooms swapped so we can make some progress in getting ready for Little Sister!

What I Am Looking Forward To: Getting rolling in Baby Sister’s room and getting some things organized! Finally!

Pin It

1 comment: