Thursday, February 03, 2011

Baby #2: 28 Weeks

**Please pray for Sarah!** Sarah, a young mom at our church has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. She’s such a sweet person and lover of Jesus. Please lift her and her family up as she comes to your mind. Angela, Sarah’s sister-in-law, is blogging updates, and Sarah’s husband Pat is updating their blog as well.

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 28 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.) Third Trimester, ya’ll! Woot!

Caedmon and I picked up Little Sister’s bedding last week when Mom got it finished. I love it. I’m waiting to show you pictures until I can get it in the crib. Of course, that entails moving the furniture in three rooms, so it’s going to be a couple of weeks!

Size of Baby: About 15 inches long and the weight of a Chinese Cabbage (Seriously? Again with the weirdo vegetables!). And I think that maybe, possibly, perhaps Little Sister has finally flipped. (Not in the mental way. That won’t take long around here, though. I mean geographically(?). )

Monday night, as we were waiting for Snowpocalypse ‘11 to hit, she was a wild woman. She had been all day. But I laid down to watch TV with Husband and she kicked it up a notch. As I laid there, I started feeling her in spots she doesn’t normally venture to. I was hoping she was in the process of turning herself over, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I also thought that maybe she would end up back in her little wadded up ball the next day.

But all day Tuesday and Wednesday it seemed she was in a different spot. Maybe not completely transverse, and maybe not completely vertex, either. I suppose we’ll see. If she’s transverse, she’s double jointed, because I don’t know how she can hit me at the top and bottom at the same time otherwise.

Big Brother Caedmon: We’ve been snowed in a few days this week with it being too frigid to even go out and have fun. So we’ve found other ways to occupy our time. We’ve watched lots of cartoons, played with lots of cars, built lots of block towers and even brought the snow inside to play with. He’s a trooper, really. But after the second day, he was as ready to get out of the house as I was!

He also got kicked in the head by his sister for the first time. I’m sure it won’t be the last. He was hugging my belly (giving her a hug) during one of her wild moments and she laid a swift kick right to the spot where his head was. He thought it was pretty funny. He won’t think it’s so funny when she’s a little older and a little stronger.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gonna go ahead and continue to claim the +19 pounds from the doctor’s visit last week, even though I’d rather not.

Maternity Clothes: Most of the time, except at home.

Gender: Girl!

After Caedmon was born, Husband’s Grandpa B bought him a gift. He never used it. First, because by the time we got it, it was too small for Caedmon. Secondly, it was not meant for a boy. Husband and I giggled about it a little (Well, I giggled. I’m sure he chuckled in a manly way.). I ended up sticking it in the tub of baby clothes when I stored it in the attic.

Grandpa B passed away a while back. But as I was pulling out some clothes for Baby Sister, I found the gift he’d given us. Ironically, Grandpa B was the first one to give us a pink outfit for Little Sister, it’s just that none of us knew it yet.

_DSC0681

Movement: Yes! We’ll see over the next few days if she stays stretched out a bit or goes back to her balled-up little transverse spot.

Sleep: I’ve slept so hard the past week that there have been a few times I’m ashamed to say I didn’t wake up. One morning Husband got up, showered, and got dressed and I slept right through it. I guess I’ve been catching up.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Mild, occasional reflux. Hips hurting. Just more normal stuff like that, nothing big.

Oh, and I might be waddling a little bit, but it’s not because of my big belly. I promise. It’s because I most likely broke my toe the other day and it’s kinda a whole lot sore. My chiropractor checked it out for me on Monday. He said no one will do an x-ray at this point because I’m pregnant and it’s not worth the risk, but his best guess was that it’s broken. And just like I figured, the treatment is the same as if it wasn’t. But it’s difficult to immobilize a toe when you have to chase a three year-old all day.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Nothing in particular besides sweets. If we end up snowed in much longer, I might have to try Jenna’s Mint Chocolate Chip Snow Cream recipe!

Best Moment This Past Week: I washed some of Caedmon’s newborn clothes & sleepers I think Baby Sister might get away with wearing. It’s hard to remember him being that small and that some of those clothes were even too big for him at first!

What I Am Looking Forward To: After being snowed in a few days, getting out of the house!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment