Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby #2: 27 Weeks

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 27 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.) And if you missed my recent belly shot, it’s here.

I had a check-up yesterday and an ultrasound to re-check some measurements. Baby Girl is measuring right on track and everything looks great. She’s transverse (laying across my belly) with her feet and hands in just about the same spot…in her face. I have no idea how she stays wadded up like that, but she seems to enjoy it, as we tried to get her to move during the ultrasound and she was having none of it. Her heart rate was 159, which the tech said was excellent.

Size of Baby: About 14 1/2 inches long and the weight of a head of cauliflower. Officially as of the ultrasound yesterday, she weighs 2 pounds, 3 ounces, exactly the 50th percentile for her gestation.

Big Brother Caedmon: While we were at the grocery store on Tuesday, Caedmon saw lemons and asked if we could make lemonade. Or “wem-me-made.” He’s been asking about how lemonade is made lately and silly me, I told him with lemons, sugar and water instead of “CountryTime mix, son.”

I brought it on myself. So we bought lemons and made wem-me-made.

We had to count them first.

_DSC0455

And inspect closely.

_DSC0462

Then roll around a bit to help the juice come out.

_DSC0464

And squeeze.

_DSC0468

“Hey, this is hard!”

_DSC0471

So I finished squeezing. And he’s right. It was hard. But the stirring was much more his speed.

_DSC0478

“It tastes yummy!”

_DSC0484

It was pretty good! I’m glad he asked if we could make wem-me-made. Next time though, I’m buying a citrus juicer.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Yesterday at the doctor’s office, I finally stepped on the scale. I’ve officially gained 19 pounds. I knew it was coming but I about choked. The worst part was that I had to stand on the scale for a sweet forever because the girl taking my vitals was trying to help someone else find a chart and couldn’t look at the digital readout. So I stood and waited, staring at the number until she was finished. She finally finished, checked my weight, and apologized for taking so long. She didn’t know how sorry she really needed to be.

And then I ate a hamburger & fries from Sonic for lunch and could feel my rear getting bigger. But it was so good.

Maternity Clothes: Most of the time. I actually wore a non-maternity shirt on Sunday to church that I thought didn’t fit anymore. It won’t in a few weeks. Time wasted. It’s a shame, really.

Gender: Girl! Still a girl! I asked the tech to check yesterday just to make sure. It was hard to get a good booty shot since Baby Sister was so wadded up, but there were definitely no boy parts.

Movement: Yes! But with her balled-up little self, I have no idea how she finds space to move around. She might find that if she were to move she’d have more room. But then she’d be hindering my breathing and eating, so I’ll take the aching hips, I suppose.

Sleep: I’m getting up about twice a night, and dreams sometimes wake me up because they’re so insane. And my hips hurt so I can’t stay on one side very long, which means I have to wake up for an 11-point roll over. Other than that, I’m sleeping great. Ha! I’m really not complaining because I know it’s all short-lived and it won’t be long before this girl is waking me up from the outside!

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Mild, occasional reflux. Hips hurting. Just more normal stuff like that, nothing big.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Sugar. And since that encompasses so many things, that’s probably why I’ve gained those 19 pounds. And making these probably didn’t help either. (Recipe tomorrow!)

I actually shared some of these with Dr. P and her nurse at my appointment yesterday. She said they’d had a rough morning and the comfort food was appreciated. I’m glad it could brighten their day and I appreciated getting it out of my house!

_DSC0533

Best Moment This Past Week: Getting to see Baby Girl on the ultrasound again yesterday!

What I Am Looking Forward To: Mom has finished our bedding and I can’t wait to see it in person!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment