Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thoughts of Randomness

1. Oz has been hibernating a lot lately. As in, staying burrowed under his covers in his crate all day. We thought maybe he’s been cold. Because, well, it’s been really cold. So the other night, Husband bought him a sweatshirt.

He hated it.

_DSC0383

But it kept him out of his bed for a while. I don’t know if it was because he was warmer or because he was so distraught at the sweatshirt. Either way, if I notice him hibernating again, it’s going back on.

2. I finally did it. I’ve been saying that when it snows, I’m taking Caedmon to Mom & Dad’s and letting someone else play with him outside. That’s exactly what we did on Friday.

Dad went out with Caedmon first.

_DSC0393

They also managed to coax Aunt Fidget outside.

_DSC0394

Where some sort of trampoline/snow throwing game commenced.

_DSC0397

The boy squealed with delight the entire time.

And then Fidget pulled him around on a disc sled. She just thought she’d been getting a workout. I think she was pretty beat by the time he was done with her.

_DSC0416

They came in to warm up for a while, then Dad took him down to the neighbor’s to sled with them. Caedmon came back with a rosy face, chapped lips, and a big smile. He had a blast. And I got to stay warm the entire time. That’s the way to play in the snow!

3. About the extent of my cooking on the weekends is usually Mac & Cheese or a frozen pizza. A girl’s gotta have some time off. So unless it’s a special occasion, that’s the kind of stuff we eat on Saturday and Sunday nights. Husband has decided he’d like to cook dinner on Saturday nights. (We used to trade weeks – I’d grocery shop & cook for a week, then he would. He’s got some mad skillz in the kitchen.) This past Saturday was his first Saturday night meal. He made Alfredo Potatoes and they were a hit. Way to go, Babe!

4. I finally bought my first pair of Toms shoes. I got the black glitter. I feel cool. And I’m only about two years behind the coolness curve. Maybe I’ll get some Uggs in about two more years.

5. Caedmon has a nasty ear infection, but only in one ear. It’s weird how one ear can be so gross and crusty and the other is just fine. He wore his Grinch pj’s to the doctor’s office, and Dr. B shared his love of all things Grinchy with us. He told Caedmon that after he finished all his medicine, he’d have “the strength of 10 Grinches, plus two.” Caedmon thought that was pretty cool. Have I mentioned how much I like Dr. B?

6. I’m going to go ahead and declare our Fever = Snow and Snow = Fever streak over. It’s snowed twice now and Caedmon hasn’t had fever. Sick, yes. But fever? No.

7. And now, for your viewing pleasure (maybe), a random belly shot.

_DSC0435

This is at 26 weeks, 4 days. Baby Girl is such a low rider. She’s killing my hips, but I can breathe and eat, so I guess I’ll take the trade-off.

8. I’m working on a special red velvet treat to share with ya’ll for your pre-Valentine’s Day planning. I hope it turns out like I’m imagining. If not, let’s face it, I’ll probably eat it anyway. Jill has promised to taste test it for me tonight. I know she’ll tell the truth.

9. We’re changing our grocery day. I know. Some of ya’ll are like, “You have a ‘grocery day’?” Yes. Yes, I do. But Grocery Day being on Monday was killing me by the end of the day with everything else I had to do. So we’re going to try it on Tuesdays. It will be a shock to my system, but I think it’ll work. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

10. Now that the new TV shows have started back up, what are ya’ll watching? I want to know if I’m missing something good!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment