Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby #2: 26 Weeks

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 26 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.)

Size of Baby: About 14 inches head to toe or the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber. (Seriously? Again with the weird vegetables.) Weighs about 1 2/3 pounds.

Big Brother Caedmon: Caedmon loves his new furniture. He’s still getting used to sleeping under actual blankets and stuff. And he pretty much sleeps all over the bed. But I’m teaching him to straighten the covers when he gets up, so we’ll see how that goes.

He’s been a mess this week. Loud, energetic, and just a…boy.

Here he is with the lion’s mane he made at church on Sunday.

_DSC0323

_DSC0324

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m in complete denial at this point. I refuse to even step on the scale. So I have no idea how much I’ve gained since my last appointment, and I say “how much” because I know I have. I just don’t want to know right now. I have to weigh next week at the doctor’s office, and that will be soon enough. I have a feeling that getting to see Baby Girl on the ultrasound again will make up for having to face the digital scale.

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much only in public. At home, I still wear my regular sweats & t-shirts. Although, I bought two cute dresses at Target this past week that are non-maternity and I’ve worn them with skinny jeans & leggings. They’re cute and I justified the purchase to myself with the ever-popular “I can wear these after the baby’s born” but I know that’s a slim to none chance. I tried that with some clothes with Caedmon and never wore them again.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Yes! She’s definitely a mover and a shaker these days. Her most active time of day is later in the afternoon and evening. Sometimes she doesn’t settle down until 11pm! I’m really hoping that means she’s not going to be an early bird like two other people I know. I need somebody (besides the dog) who wants to sleep late with me!

Sleep: After getting up no less than 5 times the first night in his Big Brother bed, Caedmon’s slept like a charm this past week. Let’s hope it keeps up! I’ve been sleeping well when my hips allow it. Some nights are worse than others. And having to wake up to roll over is never fun. I feel like it takes 5 minutes and an 11-point roll-over to get from laying on one side to the other. Poor Husband probably gets bounced all over the place in our horribly wiggly bed every night.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Mild, occasional reflux. Just more normal stuff like that, nothing big.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Nothing in particular right now. But I have enjoyed my once-weekly allotted Red Velvet Cheesecake Blast from Sonic. And? Monday night Husband brought these home from Krispy Kreme.

_DSC0331

It’s the Triple Chocolate Donut. Sinful is what they were.

Best Moment This Past Week: We got Caedmon settled in his new furniture and got his Christmas toys organized. It was such a relief to finally have places for things and have his stuff taken care of for a little while. Poor guy, hopefully this will be his last big transition for a while. Little Sister’s going to rock his world!

What I Am Looking Forward To: I signed Caedmon up for a “Big Brother/Sister” class in a few weeks. I’m looking forward to going to that with him!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh what I would give for a Krispy Kreme donut.. They closed all ours down! ;( Happy 26 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the red velvet cheesecake blast and was not a fan. at all.

    You're pregnant though. You have an excuse to like them.

    ReplyDelete