Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas In Pictures, Part 2

Friday, Christmas Eve, I woke up with a cough reminiscent of Cousin Eddie’s dog yakkin’ on a bone underneath the dining room table. But I still had the turkey in the oven by 7:30am and we were rollin’ with our Christmas dinner.

I think I did pretty well, considering we didn’t want a ton of stuff and it was my first time to make the big holiday meal.

I did make a royal mess when the potatoes boiled over, though. Nice, huh?

_DSC0001

Nana made a broccoli salad for us. It was delicious.

_DSC0005

I also made cranberry sauce from scratch. I’m not a huge fan of cranberry sauce, so it’s hard to tell if it was “really good” or just passable. But it was a recipe from Emeril, so I’m guessing he knows what he’s doing.

DSC_0003

I believe Husband tweeted a few photos of the food. Which is good, because I didn’t take any photos of it after it was actually done. Except for the new dessert I mentioned earlier. It was really good! (I’ll share the recipe soon!)

_DSC0009

We had our big Christmas lunch, then prepared ourselves for the Christmas Eve service. And by preparing ourselves, I mean everyone sat around while Caedmon pretended to nap. I ran to a local boutique that was having an amazing sale and bought a few things for Baby Sister that I just couldn’t resist.

We went to the Christmas Eve service, where Husband and a couple of his friends opened the service with a little fun. Part of the fun was that they were all wearing these shirts.

_DSC0014

After we got home, Caedmon got to open his gifts from Nana and Poppy.

_DSC0027

_DSC0041

I think Daddy has as much fun with Caedmon’s toys as he did!

_DSC0048

_DSC0083

Poppy joined the fun, too.

_DSC0120

And Oz enjoyed his “turtle dove.”

_DSC0076

Caedmon got ready for bed and I read the original “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” to him.

_DSC0126

After Caedmon was safely in bed, Husband and Poppy set up Caedmon’s train tracks.

_DSC0128

And it was all set and ready for the next morning!

_DSC0133

Next up, Christmas Day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment