Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baby #2: 21 Weeks

Baby #2 Highlights

How Far Along: 21 weeks (Need to catch up? Here’s last week.)

Size of Baby: 10 1/2 inches from head to toe. (Until now, measurements have been head to rear.) Or, the size of a carrot. A whole one. I still don’t think these carrots were long enough. Where do these people get their fruits and veggies?

Caedmon insists on taking a picture of me with our fruit/veggie/whatever each week. This time, he actually got most of me in the picture. So here’s a bit of Caedmon photography:

DSC05191 

DSC05193

“It has hair on it!” Of course it wasn’t actual hair – it was the normal “hairy” stuff that carrots have on them.

DSC05200

“Can I bite it?”

DSC05212

“I don’t like it.”

DSC05218

Big Brother Caedmon: Caedmon had an eye infection last week. And then snot. And then sore ears. And an upset stomach. I think he caught some sort of head cold virus that’s been going around and we saw it first in his eyes. Then we ended up with a full blown double ear infection by Tuesday. The doctor gave us “pink” so he’s much better now. Good enough to feed the rest of those carrots he didn’t like to the horses. They liked them.

DSC05230

DSC05237

DSC05262

Caedmon loves the idea of gifts and presents right now. He has been giving me pretend presents a lot lately. The other night, he brought one for his baby sister. It was a teddy bear for her to sleep with. So sweet.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +8 pounds, according to my doctor’s visit two weeks ago. But since this is the “growing month”, it’s probably more. I just don’t want to know.

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much only in public. At home, I still wear my regular sweats & t-shirts.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Yes, and she’s still a low rider. It cracks me up.

Sleep: I’ve been sleeping well. When I’m not up with Caedmon, anyway. The past week has been a bit bumpy for him at night since he hasn’t been feeling 100%.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams. Mild, occasional reflux. My hips are also bothering me, but that’s just part of it.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

Cravings: Nothing in particular right now.

Best Moment This Past Week: I don’t know. Even though it’s been a bit bumpy, it’s really been a good week all around. I’ve enjoyed spending time at home with Caedmon this week that we haven’t had in the past few weeks.

What I Am Looking Forward To: Christmas is next week, ya’ll!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment