Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Rainy Day Fun

We’ve had a lot of rain lately. And I’ve been having trouble keeping the boy happy in the house since his favorite place to be these days is outside, preferably in some sort of water.

When I went to the store on Monday, I knew we were facing another day or two of rain before the sun would be coming back out to play. As I was walking through the office supply/craft section (which I never do), I found a package of fuzzy sticks (we grew up calling them pipe cleaners) for about $2. I picked it up and planned for a rainy afternoon activity.

DSC02094

But first, I told Caedmon he had to keep his underwear clean/dry until naptime if he wanted to play with them. Because I was desperate to get out of the use-6-pair-of-underwear-a-day-cycle. He stayed dry, so we got to play!

And he loved them.

DSC02097

The best part is that we used maybe 6 of the sticks, so that means there are 94 more, ready and waiting for the next rainy day!

Head on over to We Are THAT Family for more Works-For-Me-Wednesday!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment