Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thoughts Of Randomness

1. I have learned that my child is not the only kid who is fascinated with public bathrooms. His thing is the trash can. He wants to know where they are as soon as we walk in. I don’t know why, I don’t make the rules.

2. As I mentioned before, Sunday and Monday were horrible on the potty training front. I had to wash clothes because Caedmon needed more underwear. And that’s saying something after buying him 2 more packages a couple of weeks ago. I might have (ok, so I totally did) threaten to spank Caedmon if he peed in his undies one time on Monday because he was doing the pee pee dance but said he didn’t have to go potty. He went. Believe me, he needed to go. Tuesday though, he woke up with a dry diaper (stayed dry all night for the first time ever) and stayed dry all day, going to the potty without coaxing. Wednesday was the same. Weird kid.

3. I bought something at the store this week that had this in it:

DSC02126

I am cracking up that the instructions not to eat this stuff are in quotation marks. Seriously? Am I supposed to “not eat” this stuff like I’m “all out” of candy after giving Caedmon one piece? Or when I say that my hot chocolate is “too hot” for Caedmon but just right for me? Clearly someone doesn’t understand the use of quotation marks. Maybe it was supposed to be an exclamation point but they aren’t familiar with English punctuation. Whatever the reason, it made me laugh. And I did not eat it.

4. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” I’ve heard this a million times and lived it a lot. But not here, not in the mountains. But the past month? In the mountains? It’s been the humidity and the heat. It does not make for good hair days.

5. I’ve come to the conclusion that #2 and #4 could be the reason I feel I have been teetering on insanity for the past few days. Maybe.

6. Caedmon got his first mosquito bite of the season on Tuesday. It started out as a dime-sized whelp, and just a few hours later had taken over his entire ankle. He was tough for a while, but after his nap, you’d have thought that his entire foot had been chopped off. He hobbled around and asked for a “be-ben” (band-aid) to make it feel better. And by last night, his whole foot and ankle was swollen, including his little toes. Poor guy.

7. The summer TV shows have started back up, and I am finding it difficult to keep up with the DVR. Maybe I’m trying to watch too much TV. Nah. Can’t be. Big Brother 12 hasn’t even been on a full week yet and I am loving it. I can’t wait to find out who the saboteur is. I actually think it might be a female, but we’ll see.

8. I spent some time this week cleaning out closets, gathering junk stuff for the garage sale I’m still telling myself I am going to have. I am still not looking forward to it, can you tell? Caedmon, however, seems to be very excited about it. He wants to help me sell stuff. Little does he know it will not be nearly as fun as he thinks it will be. But maybe his cuteness factor will dispel some of the haggling and people will just pay what I put on stuff. A girl can dream, right?

9. It has been over a week since Caedmon has been in the water (besides baths), and I think he may be starting to shrivel up. We will remedy that today.

That is all. Happy Eviction Day, ya’ll (See #7)!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment