Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Busy Week Recap, Part 2

Tired from the first part of our week? It keeps going!

Thursday we were back to the real world. Caedmon and I had appointments to get to and Husband had to go back to work, so we were all up and out pretty early. We had a great time with Nana and Poppy and are glad they got to come and do fun things with us.

DSC02014

And? Big Brother 12 started Thursday night. I am so excited that it’s back. I’m still keeping my favorites under my hat for another week or so. And I already have guesses on the saboteur. Actually, I have guesses on who it’s not. More on that later.

Friday, we went to playgroup, where I again took my camera yet did not take it out of my purse. I’ll have to steal some pictures from one of the other ladies who were much better Mommies than me and actually took photos of their children playing. We went home for an all-too-short nap, and then up to the disc golf course to see Husband before his pre-tournament festivities. Caedmon went to FNO while I worked on a project.

Saturday, Husband played in a disc golf tournament. I did my best to do as little as possible. I was slightly successful. Then we went to a surprise engagement and party for Brandon and Jill. Just to clarify, Brandon knew about the engagement and party ahead of time. Jill was the one surprised. Jennifer tells it so well, if you’d like to read about how crazy the whole thing was, go check it out. And after we made it home, we had a spur-of-the-moment visit from some friends who were in from out of town. It was so good to get to see them. I wish we’d had more time, but all the kids were exhausted and the grown-ups weren’t far behind.

And Sunday…Caedmon slept until 8am. It was a miracle. I thought he woke up rested and happy. But when I picked him up from church, his teacher said she’d had to get onto him twice that morning, which she’d never had to do before. Great. Our exhaustion state has moved past hyper, thru grouchy, and on to onrey. And after several accident-free days, we had two before naptime. Just because the boy was being stubborn.

Monday wasn’t much better in the accident zone. Seriously, he just won’t stop and go to the potty. I threatened to spank him once to get him to go. That’s not a tactic I plan on using a lot, but in the moment it was all I could think of to get him to go. Meanwhile, he asks to go twice while we were picking Husband up at the auto shop and while shopping at Walmart. What is it about public places that makes him need to pee, yet at home he’ll hold it forever and/or pee on himself? I have not figured out what motivates this boy just yet.

Hopefully we’ll spend this week detoxing and getting back on track. If we don’t get things smoothed out soon, I may be writing my posts from inside a padded room.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure the peeing in public places gets any better with age. Anytime we go out to eat, Kurt has to go at least three times. I'm not sure what he does because he's only in there for what seems like a few seconds, but he swears he uses the bathroom and washes his hands. Nathan's love is the bathroom at Target or Wal-Mart. It must be a boy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think kids want to see what the bathroom looks like. The toilets and urinals are different. Sometimes the soap dispensers and towel dispensers are different and fun! The automated sinks and towel dispensers are my kids favorite. They do not like the hand blow dryers.

    ReplyDelete