Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thoughts of Randomness

1. I find myself simultaneously blessing and cursing Caedmon’s independent spirit. I love that he is learning to do things for himself, just not everything should be done alone when you’re 2. He doesn’t know the difference yet. I’m not sure I do, either.

2. I really need to put away the humidifier in Caedmon’s room. We haven’t used it in months. Yet, every time I put it away, he gets sick within 2 weeks and we need to drag it back out again. I think I may leave it out as a preventative measure.

3. Is it just me, or does anyone else lose the desire to cook when it’s a gillion degrees outside with 8,000% humidity? And don’t tell me that grilling is the solution. I love to grill, but standing outside in the heat over a blazing grill is just as bad as cooking in the house.

4. I am mentally in “summer mode”, even though no one in our house attends school. I feel the urge to stay up late, sleep in, and be lazy. That doesn’t quite work when Caedmon is waking up consistently early (6am - 7am almost every day) and yelling for me to a) come cover him up or b) turn cartoons on for him. I don’t know where he gets the idea that he gets to watch cartoons first thing every day. That’s not how we roll around here. Maybe he’s in summer mode too.

5. I have too big a To-Do list to be in summer mode.

6. Clearly, I have lost my mind, because I have decided to start cleaning out junk and have a garage sale. Ya’ll know how much I loathe, despise, and detest having a garage sale. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. My garage sale buddy Melissa’s not even here to do all the work (ha!).

7. Maybe I should just box up all my random junk and sell it in lots on eBay. Wouldn’t it make someone’s day to get some CAT5 cable ends and a couple random power cords mixed with some sci-fi paperback books and some half-used rolls of curling ribbon? Sounds like a winner to me!

8. The crib? Still hasn’t been shipped back yet. I tried. It wouldn’t fit in the box the new one came in unless I took apart every little piece. And there was no way I was going to do that. So it’s sitting in the guest room, waiting for me to take it to UPS for them to box and ship back. I haven’t taken it yet because I can’t fit it in the Xterra with Caedmon in his car seat, so it has to be a one-woman (or one-man) job. And neither man nor woman has had the opportunity to do a solo job yet. (Props to my man Sam, though. We already have our refund.)

9. We had a crazy thunderstorm blow through here on Monday that broke our single, solitary, precious tree in the backyard. Like, broke off the top half. I was at the grocery store when it happened, or I might have cried. So there goes 75% of the shade we worked so hard to grow the past couple of years. Hopefully the tree will live and we won’t have to cut it down. It sure has been a lot of trouble for a free tree. The one we just planted in the front yard had better not be that high maintenance, or I may just cut it down out of spite. Yes, spite. Where’s that on your return form?

10. There is no number ten, I just couldn’t leave a list with 9 points. Happy Thursday, ya’ll!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment