Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I’m Rockin’ Some New Bling

I’m not a jewelry person, really. I have a few pieces that I wear, but I don’t really wear jewelry unless I love it. So it’s really hard for me to accessorize an outfit, because I feel like I have to love the stuff I wear. Also, I see it on the rack in a store and I can’t even picture it on me with my clothes. So basically I need an accessory intervention.

For a while, I’ve been covetous of some “Mommy jewelry”, but I hadn’t really decided on what exactly I wanted, nor did I want to spend an arm and a leg.

And then, I saw where my friend Angela found some instructions on how to make your own stamped jewelry on another blog. I loved the way her jewelry turned out, and decided I’d try it myself.

So off to Hobby Lobby we went. (I finally used a gift card Grade A had given me for Christmas.) I picked up a few different chains and charms, along with some beads for Caedmon’s birthstone (August – Peridot). And I didn’t take photos of the entire process. But you’ll get the idea.

DSC00919

DSC00923

It took some trial and error to get it right. I broke one of the charms, and had trouble with the stamp on some others. But I finally was able to get a finished product that I really love. (Don’t ya’ll think Grade A did a great job with my Christmas gift?) I wore the second one to church on Sunday and got several compliments. I really want to make some more jewelry, too. So we’ll see how that turns out.

I may wear nothing but “C”s from now on. It may not look as good as the expensive stuff. But I love what it represents.

(I just went back and read what I wrote for today. And realized that I used "really" about a zillion times. It bothers me. But I am too tired to go back and fix it. I just wanted you to know that I knew. Because knowing that you know that I know makes all the difference.)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Good job! I think they turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat! I am not a jewelry person (just my wedding/engagement ring) and an occasionally a bracelet and necklace that "represent" my son. I would love to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! They look great! =)

    ReplyDelete