Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy 2010, Everybody! (Or Is It 20-10?)

There’s something about a new year that just makes somebody with a hint of OCD (or CDO, where the letters are in the right order) happy. I love a fresh, clean calendar. There’s really nothing like it. Sad, I know.

I’m afraid that catching you up on the remainder of our 2009 will bore you to tears. It pretty much went like this: a boy who still felt kind of cruddy even though he’d been on “pink” for several days; an entire family that was somehow severely lacking in sleep; the bug that started this whole Sickness of Christmas ‘09 attacked me and Husband (though the guys somehow got the worst of it); sort of half-way taking down Christmas decor, leaving a bare tree and stockings hanging by themselves; and barely staying awake until 11pm CST, when the ball dropped in NYC. We called that our New Year, gave each other a kiss, and said goodnight.

See? I told you it was boring.

However, 2010 (or 20-10, however you want to say it) started out pretty good. It was the first time in over a week that Caedmon slept all night. I even woke up at 4:30am, realized he hadn’t woken up (yet) and mentally did a little happy dance before going back to sleep.

I also got to go shopping. By myself. Husband was a sweetheart and stayed with our still-pretending-to-not-be-feeling-so-good-when-it-suits-him-Momma-clingy boy and let me get out of the house for a couple hours. It was marvelous. I went out on a mission to find a few certain things (Christmas money! Birthday money!) and ended up aimlessly wandering through a few stores. I did end up buying some things, and scored this Veggie Tales Nativity for half off. I also found a few things for me. Like this.

After the shopping, it was home to play with my boy and his cars, watch some Looney Tunes marathon, naps for everyone, and football. I finished taking down the Christmas decor and reorganized(!) it all, adding two new tubs(!) to make things more orderly. It was a good day. (If you didn’t notice, reorganizing and new tubs make me happy.)

Saturday was spent trying to keep the boy occupied (indoors) while Husband languished cold-ridden in the bed watching football most of the day. I finally ventured out to get some of that stuffy-head medicine for him. Thankfully, he was feeling a little better and we went out to dinner. Where other people cook. And clean up. And I still get to eat my food while it’s hot. (Needless to say, we don’t do that very often.)

Sunday was, well, a Sunday. Except that we woke up to snow and the first thing Caedmon said was, “Momma, I go outside.” He had to wait until after church, but outside we went, and he had a blast. Pictures to come, I promise.

Our church also began a new 21-day journey together. I can’t wait to see what the next three weeks (and beyond) brings!

But it’s a fresh new week in a fresh new year. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a brand new, clean calendar to write in.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment