Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Taking A "Mommy Day"

As some of you may know from my tweet last night, my boy had some issues with going to bed.

And by issues, I mean that he spent over an hour lying in his bed yelling, "Momma!" at the top of his lungs.

Just for kicks.

When I'd go check on him, he would be laying down. Holding his nite-nite, "bah" in mouth, covers still covering. I'd ask him what was bothering him, and get no response. After telling him it was time to go nite-nite, he'd squeak out a little "uh-huh" and settle back in like a little angel.

But by the time I'd close the door, he'd be yelling again, "Moommmaaaaaa!"

It got old really fast.

He finally went to sleep, and I counted my blessings that the battle lasted only a little over an hour. I was determined to win, and win I did.

Until 3:56am, when I again heard, "Mooommmmmaaaaaaa!" This time he'd legitimately lost his "bah", so we found that and he laid back down. Only to begin the yelling again within a few minutes. Every time I'd almost doze off, he'd yell again. And knowing that he needed nothing, that he wasn't hurt or afraid, I turned the monitor down and let him yell.

Because if there's anything worse than being up at dark-thirty in the morning listening to your child yell for no apparent reason, it's letting the child wake your husband up with all the yelling.

After a good hour or so and a few check-ins, he finally went back to sleep. Until promptly at 7:15am, when the yelling started again.

Lord, help me.

So all of that to say that's why this post is up so late today, and why it is not at all what I had originally planned on it being. Because that would've taken brain power that I do not currently have.

The boy is at KDO right now, my errands are done, I'm going to pretend that the toilets do not need to be cleaned, the checkbook does not need to be balanced, and go make myself some tea.

And maybe take a nap. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Curly1:10 PM

    Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Momma. Momma. Momma. Momma. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Curly,

    your turn in coming kiddo.

    M3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, M3 They are both getting theirs! Bahahaha! I hate to tell this...but when they call with their tales I am so between being compassionate and "Ha! You are getting yours!" I'm kind of evil like that.

    ReplyDelete