Monday, June 22, 2009

A Father’s Day Recap

Ya’ll know I struggled with this whole Father’s Day gift thing. I’ve been obsessing over it for weeks, nay months. I started thinking about it long before Mother’s Day, even.

A few weeks ago as C and I were playing with blocks together in his room, I wondered aloud, “What should we get Daddy for Father’s Day?” No joke, C turned, looked me in the face, and said, “A bebe.”

I quickly mumbled something about it being a little late for this year, so we’d have to think of something else. He knocked over my tower of blocks and quickly forgot about the whole thing.

I then began to wonder if my son does indeed have the gift of prophecy and knew something I didn’t. And then I reminded myself that it had been two days since I’d left the house and hours since I’d spoken to someone who used complete sentences, so I was probably giving his response too much credence.

Just so there’s no confusion, Daddy didn’t get a “bebe” for Father’s Day.

But here’s what he did get.

We started our celebration early, as we tend to do around here. So on Saturday we pulled out the gifts.

A couple seasons of Seinfeld to bolster our collection. We love watching this show together. As I’ve said before, just about everything in life relates back to a Seinfeld episode.

Because we are oh so cultured and high class.DSC03691(By the way, we were given Seinfeld Scene-It for Christmas and haven’t found anyone brave enough to play it with us. If you have some mad skillz with Seinfeld (or don’t mind playing with us anyway), let me know and we’ll plan a social gathering.)

And C made this for him at KDO before they let out for the year in May. Props to his teachers for thinking ahead! It’s a plaster disc with C’s footprints as a butterfly. Isn’t this thing just adorable? Husband is taking it to his office to display proudly.DSC03692 We also took Husband out to eat. I won’t even go into the whole saga of how we planned to go to a certain place, then didn’t. And actually drove to a second restaurant, saw the line and decided not to go in and ended up at a third place.

It was still good.

But I do have a bone to pick with Cold Stone Creamery. How dare they be out of their luscious Ice Cream Cupcakes on Father’s Day Weekend? I wanted to bring home half a dozen of those babies for $9.99, and when I got there I was told they were out. Until Monday. So I bought a small ice cream cake instead. For twice the price.

I guess I should pick that bone with myself. Either that or stamp “sucker” in big letters across my forehead.

And the crowning glory of our Father’s Day celebration, C surprised Daddy with one more thing by wearing his Father’s Day shirt to church. Everybody loved it. How can you not?DSC03698And yes, I realize the picture is blurry, but the boy refused to be still. Here’s a sample of the other quality photography from yesterday morning.DSC03706Sunday morning was followed up with my boys spending some quality time together in the pool, Oz included.

All in all, I think we had a great Father’s Day celebration.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Amd it was all good! I need to remember the plate, I left it at home.

    Husband

    ReplyDelete