Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts of Randomness

I have been working on a bunch of random thoughts, presented in list format for your enjoyment. And mine. Because you know I love lists.

1. I don’t normally watch The Today Show, but with the Clouds Of Doom looming the other morning, I turned the local station on to see if we needed to get into the bathtub with our bicycle helmets.

And guess who was performing? NKOTB. That’s New Kids On The Block, for those of you who weren’t in the 5th grade when Joey, Danny, et al. stunned the world with their vocal stylings and oh-so-handsomeness.

For a second, I totally flashed back to the 5th grade. Cassettes. Prank calls on the Mickey Mouse telephone. (My friend’s, not mine. We weren’t allowed to have technology like “telephones” in our room.) Putting each others’ panties in the freezer at sleepovers.

Yeah, we were in the 5th grade.

I was totally surprised, though, that I remembered as many words to “Hangin’ Tough” as I did, seeing as I really wasn’t supposed to be listening to NKOTB. But I have to say, the medley of “We Will Rock You” with “Hangin’ Tough”? Sheer genius.

2. The latest episode of “The Office”? Sheer genius. Have I said that today already? Oh well. I laughed my head off.

“Stay, Kevin.” “Come, Kevin.” “Cookie, Kevin.”

3. And this hair thing? It makes me laugh. Almost as much as this blanket thing. Sorry, ya’ll. I just wasn’t aware that hair bumps were so difficult. Or that blankets were so hard to use. I guess since I’ve been using them for a few decades, I’ve got it down pat.

4. There’s a great giveaway going on over at GoMomma for a $40 gift certificate to The Walton Arts Center’s Magical Summer Camps. Check it out!

And that, my friends, is all. For now.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those hair things are over the top. That would drive me crazy having that thing on my head. And what in the world are you supposed to do with the one for your bangs???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly9:38 PM

    I seem to remember a story about some ADULTS putting someone's underwear in the freezer just a few short years ago...

    ReplyDelete