Tuesday, December 04, 2007

More Mailbox Woes

With all the issues we've had with our mail, mailman, and mailbox, you'd think that we'd be able to catch a little slack. But noooooo.

I went to get the mail yesterday and found a black chunk of stuff on the ground. Upon closer inspection, I discovered it was part of a hinge. A hinge that holds our mailbox door on. So I reached up to open the mailbox door and it came off in my hand. My first thought? Newman! Now, I'm not directly blaming our most competent mailman (can you feel the sarcasm here?) for breaking the mailbox. But he was the last one to touch it, and he most definitely had to carefully place the door back on the mailbox after depositing the day's mail inside. I knew Husband would not be happy. And he wasn't.

So today, I come home to find the door of the mailbox laying in the street. Apparently Newman didn't take as much care today as he did yesterday, the cat being out of the bag and all.

I'm not quite sure what we're going to do. The mailbox door is not repairable, unless we glue it back together with epoxy or something. The mailbox itself was special ordered after our last mailbox mishap. I'm not sure if another box will fit on the post. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon. It's supposed to rain later this week, and I despise wet mail. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment