Friday, March 16, 2007

Things Nobody Tells You About Being Pregnant, Part 2: Snot and Boogers

One of the "symptoms" of pregnancy listed everywhere is "possible sinus congestion." Again, this is quite understated. Let me put it this way: I have snot. And boogers.

Having snot is nothing new. Since our Texas days and the year of dreadful allergies, it seems there is always some sort of sinus thing going on with me. But this constant feeling of needing to blow my nose is definitely not normal. And the sheer amount of snot that has been excreted from my nose has made me think more than once that I had a sinus infection. But no. Just plain old snot.

The snot I can handle, but the boogers...that's something new. It takes me back to my younger days...feeling like I constantly have a booger hanging out of my nose. I honestly don't think I have had this many boogers since I was 4 years old. And I don't mean petite cute little boogers, no way. These are the size of small meteors. I am constantly amazed at what is coming out of my nose. I really feel like a 4-year-old as I pause to marvel at the sheer size of the multi-colored meteors that are coming out of my nose. Sad, I know.

I have some friends who also had trouble with nosebleeds during pregnancy. I haven't had that one...at least yet. I'd rather stick with snot and boogers, given the choice. At least you can control boogers. And if you're really hormonal and angry, you can always flick them at someone.
Although, I might get in trouble doing that...these things could cause a concussion if I were to aim really well.

Entire What Nobody Tells You Series:

Part 1: You Always Have To Pee
Part 2: Snot and Boogers
Part 3: Weight Gain
Part 4: Clothes and Fashion
Part 5: The Ugly Baby
Part 6: The Loaded Question
Part 7: The Gear
Part 8: Your Crazy Mind

And then:

Some Pregnancy Advice
Some MORE Pregnancy Advice Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    I'm so glad I know about that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time you actually have this kid, you'll be able to write a book about what REALLY happens to a pregnant woman's body. Not the glorified stuff, but the real down and dirty, snotty, boogery stuff. Oh and wait until you actually deliver. That's a whole new ball game!!!

    ReplyDelete