Monday, April 10, 2006

Nothing

So what can I say? You'd think that after undergoing general anesthesia, waking up minus an organ with some weird attribute, then spending a week at home on narcotics doing nothing but watching TV, I'd have something to say. But I don't.

I have come to the conclusion that if I didn't have cable right now, I would be insanely bored. My head hasn't been clear enough to read, and I absolutely cannot stand soap operas, so my salvation has been the other 60-something channels. I have, sadly, developed a daily television schedule since I've been home, consisting of a wide variety of shows. Let's just suffice it to say that Magnum P.I. is shown twice daily, and I have renewed my love for Thomas, T.C., Rick, and Higgins. Even Appollo and Zeus (Higgins' dogs) have a warm spot in my heart now. Not to mention a daily fix of Star Trek: TNG and a couple of decorating shows. Mom was teasing me the other day about suffering withdrawal symptoms from my prescribed narcotics, but I think I will have more withdrawal from TV once I go back to work. I mean, how is Thomas going to get Higgins to give back the use of the Fararri? How many things can you do to redecorate a room for under $500? And will Commander Data find a solution to the seemingly impossible problem with the ship's computer?

I have observed that our Non-English Speaking Neighbors do laundry every single day. And they hang it out to dry about 1:30 in the afternoon, just about the time that Argus makes a round in the yard, causing him to go ballistic toward the woman who is standing three feet from the other side of his fence, shaking out wet laundry. It's called a dryer, lady. You should try it sometime. They also love to play "futbol" by throwing the soccer ball up on the roof and heading the metallic blue ball as it rolls off. This, of course, drives Argus out of his mind. First of all, because there are other people outside in their yard. Secondly, because there is a ball being played with, and he is not allowed to be in on it. Thus, that means that I (or Husband) must go out and either bribe him to come in with the ever-tempting "biscuit!" or drag him back inside against his will. That's fun, let me tell you.

Criket, on the other hand, is happy that she hasn't had to go in her crate every day, but disgruntled that she's not able to sit in my lap or snuggle beside me in the bed. In fact, I woke up from a nap the other day, and she had snuck her way up onto the bed and nestled herself down beside me. As soon as I woke up and asked her what she was doing, she bailed off the bed because she knew she was being naughty.

One of the great things about being in the South is that people really take care of you. We had some great friends who took really good care of us this past week. They brought dinner every night and we didn't have to worry about anything. Thanks to all you guys! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment