Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Conversations with Honor

Honor was playing in her room, and I heard her dump her toys in the floor. When I went to get her out of her room, the conversation went like this:

Me: “Honor, did you make a big mess?”

Honor: “I have no idea what you sayin.”

Me: “Excuse me?” (Did she really just say what I thought she said?) “Did you make a big mess in here?

Honor: (Shaking her head) “I no know what you talkin’ bout.”

Yes. She’s two. TWO.

****

We quote movies. It’s part of our language. So it shouldn’t surprise me when one of my children quotes a movie back to me. But it does.

One morning, I got Honor out of bed, and was asking her if she’d slept well the night before. (She hadn’t. She’d been awake, yelling at me, more than once.) She looked straight at me and replied, “I don’t know, Margot.”

I died. Not only did she pull out a movie quote, she used it in the proper context. That’s my girl!

(In case you aren’t aware, that came from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.)

****

We recently introduced Honor to America’s Funniest Home Videos. The first time she watched it, she and Caedmon cackled and giggled so much, they could hardly breathe.

The next time we sat down to watch it, all I heard every three seconds was, “I wanna see the guy fall in the water!”

She knows what’s funny.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. We love AFV :-) Watch it every Sunday night before the kids go to bed - they laugh and laugh and laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just never gets old, does it? :)

      Delete
  2. I always watch AFV when I need a good laugh! So of those people are just plain crazy! lol!

    Loved the Christmas Vacation conversation..lol. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stuff never gets old, does it? And inherently, kids know what’s funny, even without you telling them!

      She’s said “I don’t know, Margot” a few times since then. It’s funny every single time!

      Delete