Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My {Little} People

Our baby girl is turning two tomorrow. Two. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Every time I think of her birthday, I think about everything that’s happened since she was born. Sitting in that hospital room back home, snuggling that precious came-two-and-a-half-weeks-early little girl, we had no idea that by the time she turned two, we would have experienced so much. I can definitely say that life hasn’t been the same since she arrived. For many reasons.

Life goes on, I know. The song says so. But I feel like the past two years have crawled along and gone way too fast at the same time. The tiny baby that peeps back at me from her newborn photos is long gone while a little girl with an ever-growing personality (and vocabulary) clings to my leg. She’s a spunky one, this girl.

Her big brother has grown and changed just as much. He’s taller. Stronger. Smarter. Sweeter. More thoughtful and kind than I ever thought a little boy could be. He surprises me daily, and I’m proud of him in so many ways.

I prayed that our kids would love each other – truly love each other. There will be disagreements, fights, and yelling matches. But at the end of the day, if they truly love each other, things will be ok. And the Lord has answered my prayers. These two kids of ours have a fierce love for each other that cannot otherwise be explained. I continue to pray that their love for each other would strengthen and nothing will ever come between them.

And as I listen to them giggle at each other from their bedrooms across the hall, my heart is content. Because in this moment, the world and all its junk doesn’t matter. All that matters is those giggly, silly little voices and the people they belong to.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment