Friday, April 26, 2013

Honor is 2!

Our little girl is two. TWO. And since she hit that mark a couple of weeks ago (yes, I’m super late in posting this), the two-ness has definitely kicked in. But back to the birthday. We had such a fun time!

The night before Honor’s birthday after she went to bed, Caedmon and Nana blew up balloons. She always seems to get that job!

_DSC0089

Caedmon blew up his first balloon all by himself. I think he was excited.

_DSC0086

I baked cupcakes to decorate during naptime the next day, and we decorated. Minnie Mouse style.

_DSC0093

_DSC0097

I decorated her door, of course.

IMG_2342

And the next day, we picked up balloons, 

_DSC0116

I added some decorations in the dining area,

_DSC0127

and the entry.

_DSC0156

When she woke up the next morning, the birthday girl was greeted by her big brother, singing “Happy Birthday.”

IMG_2345

She was thoroughly underwhelmed by her door décor.

IMG_2348

But she loved the balloons!

_DSC0104

Minnie ears were a necessity for this Minnie Mouse birthday girl!

_DSC0110

During naptime, Caedmon helped me decorate cupcakes.

_DSC0130

We had fun making Minnie Mouse cupcakes!

_DSC0145

_DSC0136

After naptime, Honor got to put on the birthday outfit I made for her. I think she likes it.

_DSC0167

And after dinner, we opened gifts.

I took Caedmon to the store and let him pick out a gift for Honor. It was so sweet to see him thinking and studying toys on each aisle, trying to decide what to get for her. He picked something I never would’ve, but she loves it! (It’s a “Lambie” from Doc McStuffins.) Sweet, sweet brother.

_DSC0197

Nana and Poppy gave her an Olivia, along with a video and book. Her love affair for Olivia was reignited. How can a pink pig in a red dress and striped tights not be cute?

_DSC0205

Then, the biggie. I knew months and months ago that I wanted to get Honor a kitchen for her 2nd birthday. So when the deals came out on Black Friday, we got a great deal on this one. And it’s been sitting in storage/the garage, waiting for this day. (It took me 3 hours to put it together a couple of nights before. But it was so worth it!)

I know it’s blurry, but that’s because she’s so excited!

_DSC0208

_DSC0209

I know this toy will be well worth it! They both love it.

_DSC0214

Our friends came over for cupcakes and ice cream to help us celebrate. They brought a sweet gift for Honor. We’ll be sticking stickers for a long time with the sticker books they brought! They know the way to this girl’s heart, for sure!

_DSC0225

Honor wasted no time diving into her cupcake.

_DSC0222

We had a wonderful time celebrating Honor’s 2nd birthday. She’s a sweet, sassy little girl, and every day with her is an adventure! We are so thankful God has allowed us to be her parents.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sweet! Great job on her birthday outfit too, so fun! Happy birthday to your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete