Friday, March 22, 2013

Thoughts of Randomness

1. Do you know what a fence and a doggie door will do for your life? Change it. It’s been almost 2 years since a doggie door, and five months since we’ve had a real yard. We’re all thankful, but Oz is especially glad. Just yesterday it was warm enough for him to go out and get some sun on his belly.

Sunshine

2. Caedmon’s laser spots are healing well. And I think he’s feeling better about life.

3. Honor is growing up. I can’t believe she’ll be 2 in less than a month. She carries on conversations, answers questions, and loves to sing. Her current most requested song is “Be Still” by The Killers. Followed closely by the Razorback Fight Song.

4. I went through Honor’s closet the other day and pulled out some things for summer. We found some black Mary Janes I bought on clearance several months back. I thought they’d fit this fall, but I think they’re going to be just right this summer. Clearly, Honor thinks so.

New Shoes

When we put new shoes on, we sing the song (or at least the chorus), “New Shoes” by Paolo Nutini. She loves it.

5. We dug out Caedmon’s swim clothes and he insisted on putting them on. He wore them for 2 days straight, determined he’d convince me to go to the pool. Never mind that the pool is closed. Or that it was 40 degrees those days.

Swim

6. The house is coming along. I got to spend some time in the kids’ rooms this week, organizing a few things and going through their clothes for the summer. I still have a long way to go to have everything in its place in the rest of the house, but we’re getting there. We haven’t gotten to the garage yet at all. It hasn’t been warm enough to be out there!

7. I don’t know what we’re going to do when the houses across the street are finished and people move in. I’ve been counting on concrete trucks, landscaping crews, gutter guys, and brick masons to entertain my kids for part of the day.

8. I’ve bought stuff to make Honor’s birthday shirt. I bought fabric to make pants to match, too. We’ll see how that goes. It’s going to be interesting.

9. It’s time to dye eggs again. I know it’s going to be interesting with Honor wanting to get in the mix. I may try baking them ala Pinterest this year. We’ll see.

10. We want to have a small-ish garden this year. I’ve never really had a garden before. So if anybody has any suggestions for me, I’m all ears. I’m thinking maybe a small 4x6 or 4x8 bed with a few tomatoes, maybe a few peppers, etc. I’d love to make some of my own Rotel. We eat a ton of that stuff. And I’d love to have some herbs. Caedmon desperately wants to grow strawberries. There’s no way we could grow enough strawberries to feed my kids, but we can try. Caedmon’s also dying to have a blueberry bush. So we may be looking for a place to put one of those as well. But again, this is all still theoretical and hypothetical and maybe pathetical because we’ve done exactly nothing yet. Of which I’m reminded daily. Caedmon is dying to get out there. Anybody wanna come get that started for me?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I dream of doggy doors. I can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will set you free! We've had 3 different kinds now! Definitely worth it.

      Delete