Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deep Thoughts From Caedmon

During our recent water-tastrophe with the washing machine, I had to pull out the box that contained our wedding albums. As I was finding a new place to put them, I decided it might be fun to show some of the photos to Caedmon. The comments he had were gold, sheer gold.

First, he wanted to know about the photo albums. “But why do you have these pictures in a book? Why would you keep them in a book?” Obviously, we don’t do much scrapbooking. Or any at all.

“Why did Daddy have that mustache?”

And proving he knows the way to his Momma’s heart, he looked at our engagement photo and said, “Hey, you still look just like that!”

Smart, smart boy.

****

Ever notice that during the Christmas season, a lot of people on TV commercials tend to buy cars as gifts? Apparently Caedmon has noticed it. Because just the other day, he informed me, “Mom, I might buy you a new car for Christmas.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes. I think that will be a good present for you.”

“Well, I appreciate that, but I’m really ok with the car I have now.”

“But Mom, I could put a big bow on it for you.”

“Well, that’s different. You’re sure it’d have a big bow?”

“Yes. It will have a big bow. I might buy one for Daddy, too.”

“Well, that’s very generous of you. How are you going to pay for these cars?”

“I don’t know.”

Neither do the people on the TV commercials.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment