Monday, July 30, 2012

Thoughts of Randomness

1. Olympics. Need I say more? No, but I will.

We are loving the Olympics at our house. Caedmon is getting to see some sports he didn’t even know existed. And realize that some things (like swimming) are actually a sport, not just something you do to play. Also, he said, “I only want to watch boys swim, not girls. Boys are better than girls.” Where did that come from?

However, I will say that I hate that we have to watch pretty much everything on a delay. Seeing results floating around the internet before the competition is aired on TV is not cool. As I saw someone on Twitter say the other day, for the next 2 weeks, TV = newspaper.

Moving on.

2. I’m just going to say something here: my kids will probably never be Olympic athletes. Not because I don’t believe in them or don’t think they have talent. But I’m a realist. You know all the P&G Commercials that salute Moms for their dedication in raising their athletes (rightfully so)? Yeah. I’m not going to be the Mom that gets my kid up before dawn and schleps them to the gym/pool/whatever for practice. I’m also not going to send my kid to another state to train. Laziness? Maybe. Honesty? Yes.

3. Caedmon’s books have all arrived and I’ve been getting things ready to start school soon. I need to get some things finalized this week so we’ll be ready. But that means I have to buy some ink cartridges for my printer first. And those things cost a stinking arm and leg. Plus I have to take two kids to the office supply store. Or I could just order them online. I bet the office supply site wouldn’t give away any Olympics results.

(I’m not bitter at all.)

4. I’m so tired lately, but I can’t get to bed before 11/11:30. I feel like I can’t go to sleep until Leno/Letterman come on. I’ve been sucked in by network television. And Olympics coverage. Of course, if Caedmon would sleep all night every night, that might help. And yes, I could go to bed earlier. But we all know that’s not gonna happen.

5. We’re loving Big Brother this season. I’ve decided to start using some Frank-isms. “Appreesh!” might become one of my new favorite things to say.

6. If summer has to come to an end soon, I’m excited that means the beginning of football season. It’s our favorite season. Caedmon thinks it’s actually part of the calendar – winter, spring, summer, football, fall. And maybe it should be.

7. Fact: I have been a lousy picture-taker this summer.

8. Honor does something new that cracks me up on a daily basis. Husband’s phone ringtone is the Star Wars theme. When his phone rings, Caedmon hums along with the song. The other day, Husband’s phone rang, Honor looked up at me and hummed, “mmmm”. Crazy kid.

9. Honor has also started pretending. Or at least, she thinks she is. She brings toy food to us to “eat” and gets a huge kick out of it when we do. But she loves to chew on that plastic food, too. The chicken leg, hot dog, and banana are her favorites right now. Those are the ones that can best reach those molars that are trying to pop through.

10. Fact: Honor is already giving me a run for my money.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment