Friday, May 25, 2012

Deep Thoughts from Caedmon

We were driving in the car and, miraculously, the radio was on instead of Veggie Tales. “Stayin’ Alive” came on, and Caedmon asked if it was an “is-tru-middle” (instrumental) because it has the long intro. I said it wasn’t, but some songs had long music before the words started, then explained to Caedmon that this was disco music. And then I proceeded to sing along and possibly embarrass myself and him in the process.

“Mom, is this a boy singing this song?”

“Yes.”

“Well, he sounds like a girl.”

True, son. True.

****

If you’ve been reading my blog very long, you know that my family speaks in movie quotes. It’s like a second language. And Caedmon’s picked up on it. Prouder parents, we could not be.

We had recently watched Phineas & Ferb, the episode where Baljeet gets super smart. Phineas asks to talk to him and he says, “Certainly. I will just use small words.”

So.

The other day, I said to Caedmon, “Hey, come here. I want to talk to you a minute.”

His response was, “Sure. I will just use small words.”

I laughed. And then told him to watch himself.

****

For this last installment, I introduce you to Caedmon’s first vlog.

(For the record, this is what my hair looked like that day.)

HOTD

And here’s what he had to say about it.

(Also, we made this just before he went to bed. He might’ve been trying to find a way to stall. Maybe.)

Yes. Caedmon said my hair looked like a crab, a stinger, and an octopus. Let it be known that he knows how to give a girl a compliment.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Movie and TV quotes are one of my love languages. :O)
    I don't think I've seen that P & F episode though. Gotta see if it's hit Netflix yet.

    ReplyDelete