Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A Dryer Sheet Just Might Save the World One Day

Does your dog ever look like this after some time out in the yard?

_DSC0068

Oh, mine neither. Nope. Never. He’s just demonstrating.

_DSC0071

Whatever. We all know he tries to slip into the house covered in grass on a daily basis. I have enough to worry about in the house without Oz dragging in extra gross grass for me to vacuum up. Ugh.

But wiping it off is…a challenge, to say the least. It’s like a magnet. It sticks to him. And when it does come off, it’s like it gets sucked back to his coat. It’s impossible.

Until I found this little trick.

_DSC0074

Yep, that’s a dryer sheet. A used one. We’ve all got those babies stuck in between the couch cushions in the trash can of our laundry room.

The idea hit me a few weeks ago and I tried it out on him. I can’t say that it was truly original, for I’m sure someone else has done it at some point or other. In fact, I’ve seen quite a few tips lately on Pinterest involving dryer sheets. These things might get added to the “Duck tape and bailing twine” that holds the world together.

Oz is clearly…enthused.

_DSC0075

But it works like a charm. And I don’t go nuts trying to a) get the grass off of him, or b) trying to clean up all the grass once he comes inside.

_DSC0078

_DSC0081

Also? Free. And Recycle-ish. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment