Thursday, February 02, 2012

Babies Shouldn’t Have to Have Disclaimers

I feel like every time I’ve taken Honor to the nursery (or out in public) recently, I’ve had to provide a disclaimer: “She’s having a rough day.”

It seems like we’ve had a lot of rough days lately. Honestly, not every day is like that. And for that, I’m thankful. But in some ways, it makes those (lately, quite frequent) hard days even worse. Because I know that’s not “her.”

Yesterday, I even had to take Honor out of the nursery before Bible Study was over because she just couldn’t get over herself and kept crying off and on. For a baby who doesn’t cry a lot, that’s really not her.

I thought that since two of her top teeth (of the four that are coming in) had broken through, we’d be in better shape by now. Clearly I was wrong.

I have such a loathing for teething right now.

I hate that this stupid teething junk has got her so “off.” I hate that she seems to have as many rough days as good days lately. And even worse, there’s really not much I can do about it.

A Momma’s job is to “fix” stuff. I can’t fix teething. Of course, we try all the stuff. Cold teethers, teething tablets, ibuprofen, etc. Everything works for about *that long* and she’s miserable again. 

Honor has to be weary of this whole thing, poor girl. I know I am. I’m ready to have my sweet, happy baby back. And I think she’s ready to be back.  

I am hoping we are on the downhill slide. At least for a little while.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment